Stang Is Done For This Year !!!

Slow5.0

Feb 13, 2003
Portland, OR
Thats right,i dropped insurance from tonight 12am (its insured but i can't drive it)
On way home i stoped where friend Doug was killed on bike and did little burnout

Who knows when Stang gonna be on road again

• Sponsors (?)

Just because it isn't insured doesn't mean you CAN'T drive it...it just means you SHOULDN'T drive it... LOL.

A law professor once said "You aren't guilty of anything until you are convicted."

A friend once said "It's not wrong unless you are caught."

I am trying to squeak a few more days out of the 'Stang before it's disabled this winter for a new powerplant...

Dang, I've had my Stang put away since the very end of August. Michigan weather isn't friendly and I can't deal with the idea of rust on the car. I thought I was going to make it out with some extra cash from not paying insurance and such on the car but my Saturn engine blew. Long story short my mechanic fixed my valve cover and left me with 2 quarts of oil and it burnt up a connecting rod pretty good. $2,750 later I have a happy new powerplant in my winter car, but still no H/C/I on the stang... bummer.

HGFireHazard said:
Dang, I've had my Stang put away since the very end of August. Michigan weather isn't friendly and I can't deal with the idea of rust on the car. I thought I was going to make it out with some extra cash from not paying insurance and such on the car but my Saturn engine blew. Long story short my mechanic fixed my valve cover and left me with 2 quarts of oil and it burnt up a connecting rod pretty good. $2,750 later I have a happy new powerplant in my winter car, but still no H/C/I on the stang... bummer.

August :eek:

here in the snowy white north I usually don't put mine away until Dec. 1st.

Unless there's a freak storm and they decide to salt...which is very rare. They use a lot of liquid de-icers here in the place of salt. even if it was one storm though, a good underbody cleaning will take care of it easily

I'm pushing my luck as far as I can. Hopefully I can get by until the second week of december without any snow. Even if there is, it only means I can't drive it for a day or two... Sucks not having a winter beater...

What are your guys' opinion on getting your cars undercoated? I did it last year, not sure if I'll do it this year, but I might. I guess this question doesn't apply to those lucky bastards in warm southern climats...

1TallMF said:
I'm pushing my luck as far as I can. Hopefully I can get by until the second week of december without any snow. Even if there is, it only means I can't drive it for a day or two... Sucks not having a winter beater...

What are your guys' opinion on getting your cars undercoated? I did it last year, not sure if I'll do it this year, but I might. I guess this question doesn't apply to those lucky bastards in warm southern climats...

Totally depends on what kind of undercoating it is. The oil stuff can make it hellish working on suspension/exhaust/anything it touches.

I'd rather do a complete underside cleanup as per the recent thread Dan put up.

(obviously it's more time consuming/expensive...but I think it's worth it if you want to do any work under your car...in a positive environment)

HGFireHazard said:

I drove mine first two winters ( i was tryin save every buck for mods) then i bought winter ride
I used 15" V6 rims all way around with some snow tires and 200lbs in the trunk , i goes good if i easy on throttle
I hose itdown every a few days and rust never showed up

Parked mine Nov 1st

I put mine in the garage Nov 1st, took the mags off bolted on the old tribars, filled the gas tank, added fuel stabilzer, took out the battery, washed it, dryed it & put on the cover. Called the insurance company, just left on comp. Its done like dinner until late April early May. BTW Buffalo had that nasty freak snow storm a few weeks but, but since I'm on the other side of the lake we didn't get much other then a flurry or too.
I saw a old couple driving a Maita the other day with top down and it was only about 40F, thats a tad cold!