Stang needs lose some weight , where to start

Slow5.0

Feb 13, 2003
Portland, OR
Well i think everyone here knows my Stang weight like school bus
I decide to lose some weight , i know tubular K member and A arms are first things to save someweight , than some drag wheels with skinnies in front ,some lighweight seats ,I already have custom rear seat delete ,quad shocks are long gone

I was thinkin about dog bone on diff (anyone had remove this ?) and those two things behind rear tires ?

What else is there ???

• Sponsors (?)

fog lights
smog crap
a/c
spare tire & jack
manual steering rack

Great suggestions!

The differential dogbone weight should come off too (25lbs).

Lightweigt seats can save ~60lbs

Other stuff:
front sway bar (10lbs)
strut tower brace (5lbs)
carpet and sound deadening material from cabin and trunk (10lbs)
ditch the tailpipes and run dumps (20lbs)

You're already down on weight with your aluminum heads and no catalytic converters as well.

All that little stuff adds up. You should be able to drop 200lbs from stock weight fairly easily.

Start by vacuuming the carpet, cleaning out the ashtray, glovebox, pockets on the doors, trunk, etc.

Now the serious stuff. Steel parts that can be swapped out for aluminum. Heads, upper/lower control arms, shifter, etc. I'm sure you have all that done already.

Next up is weight reduction parts. Dog bone, 25# weight (verts only), cruise, strut tower brace, sway bars, power steering, A/C, rear seat.

mootang said:
what else is there to the cruise besides the wire? mine is broken but its I haven't taken any of it off yet.

wire harness, vacuum line from the vacuum tree to the top of the brake pedal and the throttle cable. The wire harness and the vacuum line are a PITA.

I seriously dont understand how yoru car is that heavy, there is no way in hell it is, your scale is off.

take out the 25 pound weight
delete overflow tank and brackets
empty windshield wiper reservoir
front sway bar
smog
dogbone
jack/spare
etc etc etc

I hope you have done all this

95snoozer said:
I seriously dont understand how yoru car is that heavy, there is no way in hell it is, your scale is off.

How about 95 Mark VIII leather seats (10 way adjustable/3 memory/heated)
Roll cage,chrome 17x9.5/11 Cobra Rs ,and a few speakers in the trunk :rolleyes:
Plus i run with 3/4 tank because track where i race is 80 miles from my home

And i almost forget , i weight only 330lbs :)