Starting my Project on 91 Lx need help!!!!

Ok so im in Afganistan and i just bought a 91 Lx 5.0.. ON leave i went in and Talked to Mike Murrilo mustangs of San ANtonio and they gave me a quote on a 306 R block built from the block up to the intake with a Vortech tune and install for about 12,500 how does that sound? Everything he said would be forged afrs 205 typhoon intake etc.. My question is before i send it in for that what supporting mods should i get on the car first? I know i need brakes Ive been looking at getting a cobra R brake kit from Brothersperformance.com.. Or if i didnt go with a new motor the original has 160k would a HCI package be worth it? what kind of numbers would i be lookin at? Mike murillo said with that set up they want to built i would be making 500 safely... Anyways much help would be awesome with all of this... Heres a list of whats already on the car...

Engine:
E-Cam
Ported E7's
Shorties
O/R H
Flows Dumped
BBK Intake Tube
A/C and Smog removed

Drivetrain:
Freshly 3.73 Rear end by Strictly
About 2k miles on a rebuilt T-5
King Cobra clutch
BBK Pro Ripper shifter
Aluminum D/S

Chassis:
BBK Subframe connectors
Sportline front springs
BBK Drag springs in the rear
FRPP C/C Kit
New Koni shocks

Wheels:
17x9 03-04 Cobra wheels
New tires on the front
About 75% left on the rears

Audio:
Alpine head unit
All aftermarket speakers
10" Rocford Fosgate
800w Amp

Body:
Salaen Spoiler

Miscellaneous:
Battery relocated to the hatch area
New Carpet
New shifter bezel/Boot/Knob
Clear Headlights
Shorty Billet antenna
New door handles
3G Alternator

• Sponsors (?)

Before you deal with Mike Murrilo of San Antonio Tx, PM or Email Bottomlesspit. If I remember correctly, he had some unpleasant experience with him.

Ok so im in Afganistan and i just bought a 91 Lx 5.0.. ON leave i went in and Talked to Mike Murrilo mustangs of San ANtonio

I've always been a firm believer in doing things myself...but that's not why I've replied! I've only heard good things about Mike Murillo however, he's too expensive for me! Also, are you from San Antonio? I just retired here and I have an 89LX 5.0 with a lot of mods....Good luck in Afghanistan and I hope that your "just in time training" was sufficient!

Clay Simmons
USAF (Retired)

You're going to need a whole lot of chassis work (IMO) to get all of that power safely to the ground. Upper and lower control arms, battle box reinforcements, sticky tires, drag shocks and an anti-roll bar would put the power to the pavement very well if it's setup properly. You also want them to weld up the control arm brackets to the rear end housing too.

Just my .02 cents but if your going to pay proffessions to do mods it would be a lot cheaper to buy a fox that already has them on. you could find a good looking fox with an h/c/i combo and maybe supercharger for half of that... Just thought id throw it out there