Sterling Gray or Performance White

• Sterling Gray

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Performance White

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters

puma1552

Feb 12, 2011
So there's a good chance the car I'll be buying in the spring is a new '13 GT (or possibly even a '14 since they are taking orders starting this November already).

If it were up to me, I'd get Race Red and never look back since I've always wanted a red car and still have never had one. However I just bought the wife a brand new '12 Beetle (they redesigned them, way cooler and less gay than before) and she went for the bright red, so she tells me I can't copy her, "NO RED!" lol bless her. I'm also not a big fan of metallic/candy reds.

So I've narrowed it down to Sterling Gray or Performance White. I've already had two white cars (I'm a sucker for a cleeeean white car) but I've never had a gray car. I hardly ever see Performance White stangs. I'm not 100% sold on the SG though, does it have any gold tones or gold flake in it up close like the old Mineral Gray stangs? If it does it's an instant deal breaker, I don't want any gold tones at all.

Which would you get, gray or white?

On that note, there's a chance of buying a '14 GT by then, but they are replacing Performance White with Oxford white...if I had to guess, Oxford white's probably not as bright as Performance White, does anyone know?

• Sponsors (?)

On that note, there's a chance of buying a '14 GT by then, but they are replacing Performance White with Oxford white...if I had to guess, Oxford white's probably not as bright as Performance White, does anyone know?

Oxford white belongs on a refrigerator. I'm a salesmanager at a Ford dealership and it is a dull white. The only worse white is White Suede.

If you really want a color that stands out get Gotta Have it Green with the black Over the Top stripe. Striking!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Performance White!!!!!!! I get so many compliments on the color. Do it.

Photowalk5D068.jpg

I was struggling with the exact same decision when I bought my '13 GT this past April. My girlfriend has a pearl white Lexus RX350. The mustang Performance White pails in comparison next to it. Which is why I went with the Sterling Gray.

Have a Sterling Grey and the metal flake has no gold tones. I had the same concern as you, white is extremely hard to keep clean, Grey or Silver hides it pretty well.
Actually the white is very easy to keep clean. That was a concern of mine when I first got my car. The white hides dirt better than most other colors. It looks clean even when you know it is dirty.

Yeah, white actually doesn't look dirtier compared to other colors. I have had white, dark green, blue, and yellow paint schemes on my cars; white is just the same.

Personally, I really love this performance white. It is a brilliant, bright white. It's a very complementary color for the car.