stock k-member removal

undercnstrction

Nov 10, 2009
i did a search and went through a 1/2 dozen pages and didn't see anything.....

i was taking the stock k-member off this weekend and got all the nuts and bolts out and was lowering it down with the floor jack making sure i had everything removed. all looked great until the driver's side stopped getting any closer to the ground. low and behold, the steering column is still connected to the k-member. what the best way to remove this part. there is one bolt close to the firewall that looks like i could take out and then be able to completely remove the k-member. it looks like there are a couple of bolts down closer to the k-member. which ones should i remove?

• Sponsors (?)

if i understand it correctly, you both took the piece apart at or near the k-member. NOT the bolt at the firewall. i'll have to look at it a bit closer to see where all the bolts are on the k-member end.

thanks for the input.

if i understand it correctly, you both took the piece apart at or near the k-member. NOT the bolt at the firewall. i'll have to look at it a bit closer to see where all the bolts are on the k-member end.

thanks for the input.
You can do it either way. I just left the steering shaft on the car because the steering gear was going to be replaced with a manual rack.