stock rocker arms

DDSTANG94

Dec 9, 2006
FRASER, MICHIGAN
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will i lossing alot of hp if i resuse my stock stamed steel rocker arms with my afr and fti cam? new rockers are not realy in the budget, but i heard the the stock ones can flex? and make me lose power, i dont care about the 2hp the roller rockers will give me due to lower friction, i just dont want my valve train to come apart when i spin it to 5800 rpms,, has anyone resued there stock ones,,,if i do re-use them should i atleast buy new pivites or just leave all the old stuff in?

• Sponsors (?)

I say you could keep the stockers for a mild combo. (Sounds like yours will be.) You can always swap up to aftermarket ones, when the money comes in to do it. That swap usually takes less than an afternoon. If you do decide to run the stockers, keep all of the components together. Each bolt, fulcrum, shim and rocker should operate as a single unit.

Good luck!

That is a great place to do a compromise :nice:

That amount of rpm is not gonna hurt the OEM units

Yes ... they'll be under a bit more stress

but

What do you think happens when ...........
a guy with OEM iron heads upgrades his springs ... same kinda deal ;)

Loose horse power by not going to roller rockers :eek: :eek: :rlaugh:

I'd say a few ... VERY FEW ... is gonna be gained when you upgrade

besides ... those stamped OEM units ... they run nice and quiet ;)

Sooner or later ... Yes ... I'd wanna run some rollers
but
For now ... looks like a great way to save some money :)

Grady

I'd leave the stock ones. My buddy was running 12.20's with his 95GT with a stock lower end, and a H/C/I Edelbrock package and a 150 shot. He just got roller rockers, but hasn't run it at the track yet.

I've also looked at threads where roller rockers have popped off peoples car causing other damage. It's been in 5.0 Tech and Talk a few times. It just happened to by friends 90 GT this fall. The motor has been put together since 2004 and NEVER has he had a problem. He's hard on it too, and 4 years later, one popped off!! Scary if you ask me.