Strange Engineering Adj. Shocks/Struts

408stroker5.0

The world would be a better place if all males jus
Mar 10, 2004
Bonnyville, Alberta, CANADA
I have been using Lakewood Drag Shock's for some time now on my Stang and have decided to try an adjustable setup instead. The Strange ones seem like a nice piece and are decently priced. Has anybody out there used the Strange adj. Struts and Shocks before? How did they perform? How did they react to adjustments? Even though it's a drag shock, how was the ride on the street? Any help would be apprieciated. Thanks. :worship:

• Sponsors (?)

I bought the strust and shocks and just installed the shocks...car isn't driving yet, but hopefully soon. Only thing I can tell you right now is they look like a really nice piece and adjust really easily.

I'm currently using Strange shocks in the rear. They work ok. Nice shocks but only the rebound is adjustable. Compression is not. I didn't realize that when I bought them. I know a guy that was running the front struts and they worked well. Just make sure you read closely to see if they're what you want, the struts may only be adjustable rebound I'm not sure.

The fronts look great sitting on my car.... friends use them and they work very well.

As Eric states for the rears if you want a fully adjustable both rebound and compression go with a HAL or AFCO.

I have the strange shocks on my car and love them. My engine only has the basic bolts ons and a nitrous setup but without the nos. I'll hook right from the smash of the gas with street tires. The old shocks i'd spin through 1st and 2nd gears. With the nos just 1st gear is history, I'll hook in 2nd gear on the nitrous. This is on a tar road as I haven't been to the track yet. Maybe i'm the lucky one but I love em. The ride feels like my friends ws6 ramair firebird. You feel every bump and crack in the road. haha

Rick, are your fronts double adjustable or just rebound? Doesn't really matter a whole lot. I guess the only effect compression on the front would be allowing the car to sit back down and cut through the wind better at the big end. Also do you know how they compare in weight to the Lakewoods?

P.S. Dyno appointment @ Kauffman's on 4-3 @ 9 AM.......If you're not doing anything maybe you can swing down.

From what I have heard the fronts are a double adjustable to an extent (only adjust so far), same for the HALS. Not sure on wieght but I bet they are pretty close, I'll weight it when I pull one off.

4/3... I'll check my schedule, I'd like to hear that thing roar on the dyno...