strange noise

maxima

Oct 5, 2004
ok i have an 04 gt 5spd.. i have this strange noise its not loud but i hear it. if u know your car u can pin point a noise that wasnt there before. to me it sounds like a whistle but a buddy of mine explained it as a brake squeal. but its not the brakes i had a mech grease the brakes to see if it was the brakes and that didnt work.. i hear it usualy down a side street or main road when it echos off other ****.. as far as i can tell when i press the clutch in while keeping it at a steady rpm it goes away.. wtf can this be.. i only hear it while driving not in neutral... is it just a noise coming from the tranny maybe the rear?? i did get 4.10s but that was 2 years ago. i dont know its annoying though. i know i could just put the radio on but i know its there... any opinions would help/ its not loud i do have to i guess point it out. i dont know if u ccan evan hear it while im driving by, BUT I HEAR IT!! **** ITS ANNOYING. cars only got 25000 miles on it. could it be the rear a few mechanics at my job said it might be a chipped tooth in the ring and pinion....

• Sponsors (?)