street racing question ..

No replacement for displacement.

Btw, which car still lives on? I like supras as much as the next guy, but I classify it in the same category as the Acura NSX - I sure as hell can't justify the price for the car you get. Nice and respond well to mods, but overhyped to an extent.

• Sponsors (?)

yeah, ur gunna need a lot to keep up with a Supra on the highway, simply because they are all about the top-end. If u run him from a stop, u'll probably smoke him... with highway runs it would be hard to beat an 850rwhp supra, but I dont really know what uve got under the hood, so i cant judge.

White 95 5.0 said:
LOL :lol: Sounds like you guys are a bit afraid of Supras? One question why?? :shrug: I have never had a problem with them. Ya just gotta be fast enough to win :D
You shouldn't fear something you haven't tried yet - it's the only way you are going to know.

i know an asian guy here who had a dynoed 650rwhp supra that still ran high twelves..low thirteens....off the line it was a dog... but it did pull hard when he got up in the rs ....dont worry id say up to at least 100 or so mph u should have him....then the aero drag is goin to catch up to you ...just my 2 cents...oh and see if the guy has time slips ...what kind of mph he run in the quarter?

Fordish...your location is Kuwait...what exactly is going on with your car and your location. Did you have someone build it while your away, bought it with all the money youve been saving? please explain.

if you are gonna race him on the "street" then more than likely a supra would be toast. now "street racing" and racing on the freeway are two dif things. haha never heard of a 30-150mph race on the street but i know what you mean. god i hope you wont be going 150 on any street. all in all though you should take a modded supra with similar power numbers, unless you guys are racing topend, then you are prob dead...thats where all their power is and thats usually where 5 liters have trouble breathing....but it sounds like you have a pretty sick setup though. Ive never personally raced a modded supra so i guess im kind of talking from the "bench" but ive heard a lot about them and where they make their power. i hope to :owned: one some day.

Drew

I was student in philly and got some cash before I graduated .. Wynnespeed did my engine then I shipped the car with me after graduation .. here in kuwait we race by meters 0-800m or 0-600m like 1/2 mile or so .. Or from rolling until you hit certain of speed for example 30-150mile, kinda top speed racing .. I knew mustang has more torque than supra but not as good as supra aerodynamic.
supras are lazy from dead stop but they fly in the top end .. I know my combo could make 1000rwhp but dont know how to manage that kind of hp for now .. all I got 18psi pully with my setup .. my combo :
dart block 331ci, AFR 205 out of the box, custom blower cam "duration 232in-244ex @50 and 565in-580ex 114lop sep.", holley systemmax, D1R blower, 75 accufab throttle, 85 injectors, weldon fuel pump 2025, fast sequential system, TKO-2 with stage 4 SPEC, 3.55 with Eton dif. , complete suspension with K-member ... etc ... here's our track www.q8hp.com
thanx for help .. Fordish :D

90mustangGT said:
Mabye not all but every Supra owner I have met are white collar, deep pocketed, cocky snobs. They had the work done for them, and don't have any pride in thier country. They want to prove america sucks but they don't suck because they are with the "internationalist" and they think they can bend the rules to do so. Enough with the politics.

:lol: :flag:

Tell this ricer pos we race on 1/4 mile tracks from a dead stop with the christmas tree .....

We invented racing, we make the rules :flag:

This sob is trying to get one up on you .....

..... like telling Ali not to duck and move just stand in one place and punch with an arm tied behind his back. :notnice: Stupid

Tell him when you have equivilent power figures, you'll race him however he wants, but don't go into a race with a disadvantage skewed in his favor. Race the 1/4 first and if you feel confident enough run from a roll.

Why don't the 3 second top-fuel guys run 6 cylinders???? Hmmm. :rolleyes:

One thing ive learned is ANYTHING can be fast. All the supras here in Vegas and there are lots will ONLY race from a roll(cause they know they cant launch) and they win most of the time. We dont play there game, you want to race we race from a dead stop. I must say there is one Supra (complete street trim) here in town that runs low 8's if not high 7's now and his 60fts are like 1.4's thats insane. Im a mustang guy all the way, but i like cars so props to all 4 or 6 bangers who can run.