Stupid but..how many quarts on an oil change??

Schlitz, when you drained your oil, was the front of the car higher than the back to allow the oil to drain out of the pan? If the car is still close to level or below level(eventhough the front is raised), it could be possible you may still have a half quart or so in the pan since the drain plug is in the rear of the pan. Just something to be aware of.

• Sponsors (?)

Either as close to level as you can manage or front slightly raised will do. I do mine in the garage on a set of ramps which works fine. Speaking of which, I will be doing it yet again in the morning! This will be her 5th oil change in just shy of 7 months...

Did your battery die on you every few days from the system draw as well while in storage? Drove me nuts.

Whenever I've let the car sit for more than 7-10 days ? it was always completely dead as this has been driving me nuts for over the past 2 years and even after taking it to 3 different dealerships and 2 different field service engineers who tested the entire charging system in which they did battery run down and voltage meter testing ? the results always came back normal and the only explanation was the KEEP ALIVE MEMORY will kill a fully charged battery within 30 days and perhaps as long as 60 days MAX and the only solution they recommended is to install a battery tender if the vehicle is not in use beyond 7 or more days...and although I haven't experienced any further battery failures since running the battery tender ? I'm still not convinced and also plan on having the SMART JUNCTION BOX and PCM tested as well..In the meantime, I'll make sure to follow up and let you know the status of the results depending of course on when I can get another appointment set up at the dealership...:shrug: