Fox Subframe installation cost?

• Sponsors (?)

Maximum Motorsports sells the best subframe connectors in my opinion. Definitely weld in and raise the car by the wheels when doing so. I would estimate $100 for install. It's not a big job and no one's going to be grading the welding quality.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks guys, local speedshop here in TN wants like $400 to do the install.. which is the reason why i asked.. i'm not sure how he's getting to that point, and re-confirming that he understands that i have the MM SFCs.. if that is labor only then i'm most likely going to find someone else.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks guys, local speedshop here in TN wants like $400 to do the install.. which is the reason why i asked.. i'm not sure how he's getting to that point, and re-confirming that he understands that i have the MM SFCs.. if that is labor only then i'm most likely going to find someone else.
That's outrageous even if they did everything themselves. I would sand the touch points in order to ensure a good weld, bolt them in and drive to the business. All they have to do is put your car on a lift and weld.

That's outrageous even if they did everything themselves. I would sand the touch points in order to ensure a good weld, bolt them in and drive to the business. All they have to do is put your car on a lift and weld.
Yep, shop rates are $140 an hour.. they do amazing work, ton of fast and quality stuff that comes out of the shop.. but to your point, they are only welding, not anything else..

The 200-300 dollar range, be fair when negotiating, start out with the quoted shop price, then say 'I pay cash'. For a hundred dollars they ain't gonna spend much time on it. Remember, welding is like anything else, there are steps to doing it right.

The 200-300 dollar range, be fair when negotiating, start out with the quoted shop price, then say 'I pay cash'. For a hundred dollars they ain't gonna spend much time on it. Remember, welding is like anything else, there are steps to doing it right.
Yep, i get that and want to have a quality job done.. just seems a bit on the high side to think that they'll spend 3 hours on it. I can probably do most of the initial work that the convertible requires over a coupe/hatch with the full length connectors that is above and beyond a normal process. 400-500 just seemed high to me.

• Agree

Probably because he wants to pull the carpet, which means taking the seats out. Welding on the bottom of the car can light the carpet on fire. Old school is to pull the carpet; now we just get two big ice bags and throw them on the carpet to keep them from lighting up.

Kurt

• Agree
  • Useful
Reactions: 5 users
Hey guys.....I have been trying to find someone to weld on my MM full length connectors here in McDonough, GA. I can't find anybody willing to do the welding. Is it normally a muffler shop that will do it? I need to find somebody but have been rejected a bunch of times now. I didn't think it would be this hard to find someone. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Ken

Hey guys.....I have been trying to find someone to weld on my MM full length connectors here in McDonough, GA. I can't find anybody willing to do the welding. Is it normally a muffler shop that will do it? I need to find somebody but have been rejected a bunch of times now. I didn't think it would be this hard to find someone. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Ken
Body shops.

Reactions: 1 users