Suspension gurus: Need help with uneven tire wear

I have 255/40/17 NT555s on the front and they are wearing down 3" on the inside on both the left and right tire. I asked the install tech when they were installed last year if anything can be done, but he said that the stock suspension couldn't be adjusted any more to offset the uneven wear. What are my options so my next set (which will be in the next month or so) won't wear down so uneven? I don't want to spend another $350 next year.

Thanks-
Ted

• Sponsors (?)

Caster camber plates would make the adjustment easier. But you can slot the strut plate mounting holes to pull more camber out. That's what it sounds like to me... if they are wearing on the inside, then it is a negative camber problem. If they're wearing BAD, then I would suggest cc plates, because they will allow more adjustment then slotting the holes fully.

Nick

Thanks for the quick replies. When I get the CC plates, is this something that I can install, or should I bring it to the alignment shop and have them do it? I'm sure it will have to be aligned again once the CC plates are installed. Lastly, any particular brand or type?

WHat suspension mods do you have?

Max Motorsports CC plates are about the best you ca get. They are expensive, but you really can't beat them. Install them yourself, try to get the wheel adjustment as best you can get it and then drive to an alignment shop and have the car aligned.

i personally would probably just have the alignment shop do it all if you are that worried about your tire wear, because if you install new CC plates and the alignment is off too badly, it won't take but a few miles to wear your tires, but if that's not a worry, then do it yourself and save you labor $$$. it's your car...:SNSign:

Unless you are driving over a hundred miles with -2.5degrees camber, it's NOT going to wear the tires. They just don't wear that fast. Install them yourself, then take it to the alignment shop. :nice:

+1 for the maximum motorsports plates. A few install tips....

1) measure twice, drill once when creating the 4th bolt hole. It takes more time, but the 4 bolt design is superior to the 3 bolt versions. The MM instructions are awesome, follow them closely.

2) don't slam that hood down the first time after install before checking your clearance. The struts may need adjustment to allow the hood to close properly.

:flag:

Here are a few helpful hints...Camber is decreased by moving the top of the strut toward the center of the car (negative camber) and increased by moving it toward the outside of the car (positive camber)...have you tried cam bolts?? they are cheaper than c/c plates...they don't give you as much adjustment, but i don't know how much you're looking to spend