Sve Saleen Sc Wheels

Rdub6

So while I wait to figure out my rear end issues
5 Year Member
Dec 29, 2017
Long Island, NY
I’m looking at the SVE Saleen SC wheels from LMR. First, I’d like some feedback on the quality. Seems great when you see the price, but I’ve always been a “you get what you pay for” kind of shopper.
Second, has anyone had them on an 86? Just wondering if I will need wheel spacers for 17x8 up front. I don’t mind rack limiters, but not crazy about spacers (I did do some research, and feel better than I originally did about them) but still would rather not.
Going with the 17x9 on rear..... assuming all I will have to do is possibly flip the quads.
Thanks guys. I know I’m new here, and I searched for a while looking for the answers before I posted. If I missed it just point me in the right direction!! Thanks again!!

• Sponsors (?)

1163F115-E37B-4F0F-AA24-31D5893D5BA9.jpeg

I have them. No complaints on quality and they fit fine!

Reactions: 1 user
I had the chrome ones for a short spell. 17x8 fit great. The 17x10 was nice also. Only issue was putting chrome. I don’t care much for chrome wheels for that reason.

I had the chrome ones for a short spell. 17x8 fit great. The 17x10 was nice also. Only issue was putting chrome. I don’t care much for chrome wheels for that reason.

What year did you have them on?

Thanks. Worst case is I need a spacer for the front, but I think I’m gonna go this route.
Looking at 245/45r17 for the 17x8 fronts and 275/40r17 for the 17x9 rears.

What year did you have them on?

Thanks. Worst case is I need a spacer for the front, but I think I’m gonna go this route.
Looking at 245/45r17 for the 17x8 fronts and 275/40r17 for the 17x9 rears.
That's the same setup I have on my '89. No quads. Wheels are good quality, no complaints. I have different center caps on them now, but don't have a picture. just search for 60mm center caps on ebay.
2016-01-31 15.56.48.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
I thought about getting a set, but after researching them, I don't like the way the fronts look. I wish they had a little more "dish" like the rears. Not a bad looking wheel though. I think Im going to go with the 93 cobra wheels.

Last edited:
I thought about getting a set, but after researching them, I don't like the way the fronts look. I wish they had a little more "dish" like the rears. Not a bad looking wheel though. I think Im going to go with the 93 cobra wheels.

The 93 wheels are nice, but no machined lip around the edge is a deal breaker for me. I like that small contrast of the silver/ black.

:shrug: I just liked how they look.

I wish they made the pony’s in black with the running horse Center cap.

American muscle has the black pony’s but a plain blank Center cap. Just doesn’t look right without the horse.

I think I’m going with the 17x8 and 17x9 black sc’s. And I’m gonna get some BFG gForce from Costco. 245/45 and 275/40.
Whatever I need to do, I’ll make em fit! Wish me luck!

I wish they made the pony’s in black with the running horse Center cap.

American muscle has the black pony’s but a plain blank Center cap. Just doesn’t look right without the horse.

I think I’m going with the 17x8 and 17x9 black sc’s. And I’m gonna get some BFG gForce from Costco. 245/45 and 275/40.
Whatever I need to do, I’ll make em fit! Wish me luck!
You can get these on ebay, they snap right in. http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335821607&icep_item=172739210672

Reactions: 1 user
Never understood why these were dubbed "SC" wheels. They never appeared on the saleen SC

These are copies of the speedline wheels that appeared on 1993 Saleens

They are actually copies of the stern 1 piece.
The speedlines are flat in the center cap area.

http://www.saleenclubofamerica.com/SCOATech/87-93.htm

While I don't have anything against the replicas, there just always seems to be something off about them compared to the real wheels. I'm guessing the wider saleen rear meant they didn't have to have the dish in the rear wheels like the replicas.
I personally don't like the dished rear wheels, i think it gives the illusion the wheels are too short in height.

The 4 lug speedlines are a great value for anyone looking for 4 lug wheels. Sometimes they come up dirt cheap and they are easy to refinish.

Last edited:
They are actually copies of the stern 1 piece.
The speedlines are flat in the center cap area.

http://www.saleenclubofamerica.com/SCOATech/87-93.htm

You are right. The center cap detail mimics the sterns. Ironically this article states they are replicas of the speedlines. Either way...they aren't SC wheels.

I like the wheels and always had a thing for the Saleen wheels prior to Wheel Replica's making it's copy, but it's become this generations Cobra R wheel. You see them everywhere. Not a dig, as I like them a lot. I kinda wish they would reproduce the American Racing 5-spoke with charcoal centers.

You are right. The center cap detail mimics the sterns. Ironically this article states they are replicas of the speedlines. Either way...they aren't SC wheels.

I like the wheels and always had a thing for the Saleen wheels prior to Wheel Replica's making it's copy, but it's become this generations Cobra R wheel. You see them everywhere. Not a dig, as I like them a lot. I kinda wish they would reproduce the American Racing 5-spoke with charcoal centers.

Yeah, in general I like them too.
I also like realistic sets of cobra r's.

I haven't figured out yet if it's a good thing or a bad thing when wheels are replicated.

One reason I never change out my Saleen Speedline lemans wheels is that they don't make replica's.
Although on my saleen explorer when the chrome was ruined on them, I gladly switched to new edge saleen replicas, which were spot on copies.