Exhaust Tail pipe and Muffler removal

Mu-TangClan

Jun 19, 2019
Quebec
I've begun removing the exhaust from my donor car (1984 GT with a 302) and so far everything has come out fine. I now need to remove the tail pipes + mufflers and I was wondering if I could unbolt the rear shocks to allow the rear end to descend low enough to allow enough clearance to snake the 2 tail pipes and mufflers the out front. Is this possible and has anyone here by any chance done this?

Thank you kindly,

• Sponsors (?)

And another thought....you will have to do this on the next vehicle as well. If you don't have a lift I'd consider making a very thin clean cut a few inches behind the muffler. Reinstall using a stainless steel band clamp. Easy from now on. And not expensive.

Reactions: 1 user
And another thought....you will have to do this on the next vehicle as well. If you don't have a lift I'd consider making a very thin clean cut a few inches behind the muffler. Reinstall using a stainless steel band clamp. Easy from now on. And not expensive.

Yeah fair enough, that'll be much easier. I'd stumbled across a youtuber who'd done it on his 2014 GT in his driveway, was wondering if anyone tried it on their fox. However ease of removal/install going forward with clamps seems a lot less hassle.

Cheers mate.

Last edited: