Progress Thread Tannerc91gt's 88/92 Coupe Build Thread

Forced induction and some exploder heads can easily push past a stock 302 block. Buy some JY heads and save the 205s for the future build, otherwise you'll want to refresh them for a greater price than some freshened 40ps.

• Sponsors (?)

there are no plans for boost on this block. Just plans for boost for this car. I have very little interest in all of the expense of a solidly built boosted car that's got a stock block at the core. This is just a fun "in the mean time" build. As with most guys on this board, ive got a big imagination and a small budget. And the more I learn and the more I want to do or try, I become more and more willing to wait.

Just out of curiosity, Why not this:
Rebuilt 302s are a dime a dozen. Why not keep the 399 under plastic, save for a couple of months and get a 302 and not worry about having to buld/buy another more expensive motor later?

It's good to take a break occasionally. That's why we consider this stuff a hobby, and not a job, you can always work on it at your own pace and enjoy it. Don't overwork yourself and make it feel like a second job.

It's good to take a break occasionally. That's why we consider this stuff a hobby, and not a job, you can always work on it at your own pace and enjoy it. Don't overwork yourself and make it feel like a second job.

great advice! this economy sucks and so far i cant find that fn money tree either! keep it all in perspective hopefully down the road you will get some payback bangin gears!

Sold the heads and a few other things. Shortblock will go soon as I get it pulled. No plans as of now but the roller probably wont leave my possession. Love a clean coupe, just need better timing.

No progress on the coupe but I ended up landing the job I was after.things will be hectic for a while as I adjust but the money is definitely good so ill be able to do something car wise once ive settled down. The coupe is for sale but I don't know that ill actually sell it. For now I'm happy to be doing what I'm doing

Inspector at a steel mill. Is a much better job than it sounds and I'm pretty happy.

Did my drug screening/physical today. They took urine, blood, breathalized and cut a patch of hair among...other things. Felt very Peter Griffin violated-ish

Yeah, they have gotten pretty invasive with the pre-employment stuff now. Congrats on landing the job!

I was actually about to get a shovel and start digging for my build thread to see if I still owned a car too. Lol.

Yeah, they have gotten pretty invasive with the pre-employment stuff now. Congrats on landing the job!

I was actually about to get a shovel and start digging for my build thread to see if I still owned a car too. Lol.
Checked on mine the other day so id remember what it looked like haha.
Still there at least. thanks!