TCP motor mounts allow 1/2 inch fore/aft adjustment. Is this ok?

jerry S

Sep 3, 2003
52.22N 5.12E
In looking for space to mount a bigger fan, I just remembered that my TCP Motor mounts allow for a 1/2 inch adjustment. Would moving my engine back 1/2 or even just 1/4 inch cause any negative driveline angles that I should be worried about?

• Sponsors (?)

Probably not, unless you are already on the borderline with regard to angles. You may have issues with driveshaft length and or tans mount.

IIRC, you have the same electric water pump that I have. What I did was mount the fan about 2 inches lower than center, solved the problem for me.

Edbert said:
Probably not, unless you are already on the borderline with regard to angles. You may have issues with driveshaft length and or tans mount.

IIRC, you have the same electric water pump that I have. What I did was mount the fan about 2 inches lower than center, solved the problem for me.

Good stuff Edbert. I am ordering a new flex-a-lite 118 fan tonight.

Hi Jerry- the other thing I would make sure of is the transmission. Crossmember-to-mount, shifter to tunnel hole, and (if you have a TKO 5 spd) tunnel clearnance.
But to your original question, I can't see a 1/2" changing your angles to anything you could realistically measure.
(now stop screwing around with your mounts and hook up that vacuum pump and report back!!!

i used these mounts for my 347 and pushed the motor as far back as it would go. i also put in an AOD behind it so i needed a new trans mount anyways. a shop did the install for me so i dont know if they had much problems. the only thing i had to do was relocate the return spring for the parking brake because it wasn't at a steep enough angle hah.

From what I can tell from the picture the TCP mount does not have any vertical adjustment. As that true? Is it the exact same height as the stock unit? I may be forced to use whatever will fit my 68 Conv regardless of price. Edbert? Thanks.

68conv4sp said:
From what I can tell from the picture the TCP mount does not have any vertical adjustment. As that true? Is it the exact same height as the stock unit? I may be forced to use whatever will fit my 68 Conv regardless of price. Edbert? Thanks.

I believe they just sit at the stock height (but my car is a 65 coupe), and yes they only have horizontal adjustment. I also had to have my drive shaft shortened when i changed out the trans

AdamInChains said:
I believe they just sit at the stock height (but my car is a 65 coupe), and yes they only have horizontal adjustment. I also had to have my drive shaft shortened when i changed out the trans

I understand "horizontal" to mean left to right and vice versa. I can only see how they adjust fore to aft (front to back). Whatchu talkin' about Willis?