Tfs 170?

Reddevil91

15 Year Member
Mar 3, 2010
Saw these on Craig's, obviously used but has been redone. Planning on possibly using these heads or the GT40 x307s for my set up which is F-303 with 1.7s but I know if I get TFs they are Stud mount so would probably need to switch my 1.7s I'm running now on stock E7s to 1.6s I guess which sucks and why I'm tempted to get the GT40 X's. I will be adding a GT40 tubular intake which is being blasted and gloss black powder coated. Are these a good pick up at 1300? Also as for my GT40 intake will the runners match up well with the TFs compared to the GT40 Xs?

[email protected]

• Sponsors (?)

Saw these on Craig's, obviously used but has been redone. Planning on possibly using these heads or the GT40 x307s for my set up which is F-303 with 1.7s but I know if I get TFs they are Stud mount so would probably need to switch my 1.7s I'm running now on stock E7s to 1.6s I guess which sucks and why I'm tempted to get the GT40 X's. I will be adding a GT40 tubular intake which is being blasted and gloss black powder coated. Are these a good pick up at 1300? Also as for my GT40 intake will the runners match up well with the TFs compared to the GT40 Xs?

[email protected]
Ooops wrong link
http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/pts/6263129387.html

I'd stay away from those heads. I wouldn't buy ported heads at that price along with 2.05" intake valves. Why would you want that big of a valve on a little 302? Springs are likely wrong too. Keep searching IMO. If you're not looking for a "max HP" build then the GT40X heads would be a decent choice if you can find a good deal.

I'd stay away from those heads. I wouldn't buy ported heads at that price along with 2.05" intake valves. Why would you want that big of a valve on a little 302? Springs are likely wrong too. Keep searching IMO. If you're not looking for a "max HP" build then the GT40X heads would be a decent choice if you can find a good deal.
Yeah not going for a track car. Just looking to upgrade some and make it fast fun little streeter for the weekends, car shows etc. with possible SC or single turbo set up just to add a little fun. Not looking for 7-800 hp's thanks for your input

Pretty much any power adder + aluminum heads will get you into the block splitting HP level so don't over think it. Also I didn't mention that those TFS heads also had the exhaust bolt holes relocated so your typical off the shelf headers wouldn't bolt up.

Reactions: 1 user
they look decent but you never know who or what porting was done to them, plus those springs need to be changed for your cam, and you needt spend a few hundred on any used used to have them checked out. For around the same price, you can get a set of 11r's that will be more than enough head.

Reactions: 1 user
I'd check them out. You can usually get a good indication by the character of the person selling them. Might be good heads. 283 is a pretty good flow number for a 10cc head. 2.05 intake valve seems a little overkill though.

Kurt