TFS street heat intake install ???????????

• Sponsors (?)

Haven't fully installed mine yet will probably get the upper on tomorrow but as far as i see nothing else is need for it to work looking at my elbow tonight mine an edelbrock one not sure if their different or not but it looks liek the egr is kinda sideways i hope the stock egr tube still works afer just spending 55.60 on a new one damn dealer only parts i'll let ya know tomorrow how it goes

The e-brock elbow will NOT work with the TF intake... I know because it took me freaking 10hrs on saturday to install one on a buddies car. The lower right hand bolt hole in the elbow is threaded, so is the TF... you MUST drill out the threads in the elbow and install a stud in the intake to get it to work, even then it is a VERY tight area to fit the nut in. Also, the e-brock elbow we used needed to be ground down so we could put the TPS sensor connector on, there wasn't enough room on the unaltered piece to install it. The dist. is a PITA too to get in as it hits the front fuel rail... what a PITA job it was. I can take mine off and have it back on in under 3hrs and that's taking my time!!!

Well that is bad news. I didn't expect that from TF.

Paul, if you use the TF adapter, will that eleviate all the problems you experienced?

Can you install the dist first, then the fuel rails? Would that solve the problem?
Scott

i was there the elbow to intake is an easy fix just drill out the lower hole on the elbow but the tps clearencing sucked :nonono: and took a long time and they were both edelbrock pieces thats :shrug: what i don't understand they just didn't machine enough room for the tps wiring harness, i ran the trick flow elbow and din't have those problems i think it gives you more room some how .

1 good thing about mine is when i get my new throttle body there ia a spacer already welded onto it so that should help the tps problem i hope as far as the elbow goes i was told you don't really need the bottom screw in as long as the rest are tightened. I also noticed that if you take the studs out of the tb side and put them on the intake side it works a lot easyer (that is if their all like that thats the way mine came :shrug:)

Key point the everybody left out if you have fox valve covers you need a heat spacer found out the hard way tonight sat the upper on to see how it looked and it wouldn't go down in the back turns out my elbow hits my valve cover so much for the car running this weekend