Fox The build - 4eyed Fox - Stoppie Montoya

3.73 gears are the most common swap in the 8.8. Ford might not have put them in a production mustang but Ford performance had those gears flying off the shelf for years.

3.73 also came stock on the 2013 Boss and Track Pack mustangs.....then available from 2015 and up.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

00 G

Hand Brake Issues. I drove to the spot where I do my daily walk, and upon parking the car and engaging the parking brake, something snapped. The hand brake is just useless, no resistance, fully engaged it was not doing anything. I moved the car a little, to check beneath it to see if something had come off and fallen to the ground, nothing did.

This morning, after watching a few videos (remotely related, not many videos on parking brakes for Foxbody's), I went ahead and removed the center console, which revealed its own set of issues (more on that later). I proceeded to tighten the nut on the cable, which felt like it was pulling and there was some resistance there, but nothing was happening when I pull it, the parking brake was not engaging. Loosening or tighten the nu0 does not do anything. This to me meant that the problem was elsewhere, probably involving a new cable, some hardware and work underneath the car, added to the list.

The center console upon removal and inspection, was cracked in a few places, and missing some hardware, and no holes for the bolts to hold it in place in rear portion. I do not think the console can handle installing an arm rest in its condition. Added to the list.

Rear view mirror is now installed, using the old hardware, and it feels good to be able to know what is going on behind me :)

I am also working on refreshing the chromed part of the wheels, some scratch removal, light sanding and polishing and they should be fine. I am about two or three weeks from ordering the upholstery in the correct color from Classic Industries, along with a few items for the engine like gaskets and what not.

00 H

The smoke smell was bothering me, as I could not really locate where it was coming from. I finally found out where the smoke was coming from, and I am worried.

I was making sure that the plugs were all operational, and on the very first try, spark plug 1 seemed to be the culprit, the engine did not even flinch when I removed the wire, even under WOT. When I put the plug wire back on, I noticed the smoke was coming from the valve cover breather cap. After covering it with a small piece of duct tape just to confirm, the smells were completely gone after a couple of minutes.

Reflecting back, smoke coming from the breather cap, and the engine not flinching after removing the spark plug wire from spark plug 1, and the rough idle that is there, I am afraid that the issue might be a broken piston ring, and cylinder 1 is not functioning. Or may be an even worse problem.

After searching online, I am still unsure what the problem could be, the only thing I know is that the smoke is coming as a steady stream and not puffing.

I am taking the car to the a shop next week for a check, and I am worried.

Removing the wire and no change isn't a good sign when paired with smoke from breather.

It’s time for a compression and leak down tests, also run codes and a cylinder balance test to see if any other cylinders are off. Your best case is an ignition problem and a pvc system issue.