The Junk Pyle has moved forward, well sort of

Hey, if I go to the St. Pete Indy Car race this weekend, can I stop by to purchase more racing stuff?

Still waiting to see if Rahal comes through with pit pass tickets for me and the boys. Last year they only sent 1 ticket so my oldest went and hung out the Rahal team pits.

It's almost here so I'm not getting my hopes up.

My best friend lives in Lakelend across the highway from Publix Corporate Offices. He and I are on Car Safari for a 2020 Hellcat Challenger in purple. If I don't make the race this weekend I'll text when I come to see him.

My son keeps asking to go back and look through more of your stuff.

• Sponsors (?)

1583839602598.png

@74stang2togo

whistle.gif
What? Not a good idea?
I can't take credit for that, I pilfered it from an unnamed source.

Wow, I remember reading about that years ago.
That guy was a real character
After studying the hell out of the patents on the abdiabatic engine years ago, I became convinced that I could duplicate the technology if I had one piece of information he took to his grave (spark dwell and timing curves). I'd have to re-study it now, I've forgotten most of it, but the ELI5 version of how it works is that it uses far more of the heat generated by the combustion process instead of it being primarily a waste product.

I stripped the junk hatch of all it's parts, the trim without bending it up :rock: the wiring, latch, lock and the glass. I will post pics later.
I bought some stuff to make the glass removal less painful.
Bonus!!! There is a piece of plastic that runs the perimeter of the glass opening, mine has split and can be seen hanging around one corner of the glass on the inside, I never researched getting another because I did not plan on pulling the glass, now I don't have to worry about them being available. :nice:
I did eff up the little metal strip that connects the defroster wiring in the glass but since I'm not gonna use the defrost I don't care.
Before I tear into the engine I am going to pull the drivers seat out and check out the gas pedal to see what I need for that and inspect my clutch quadrant, it is the original one and it works but I have a firewall adjuster installed, I did that to get ride of that rubber donut thing that causes clutch problems. The pedal has always been a little low and I need to address this.
I am making a list of things that need to be dealt with like I did when I first got this rag.
And paint and bodywork are NOT on the list!!!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Both
I tried a bigger kindle we have but the top of the page is real small where the tabs for mail, alerts and search are, working on that when I get time but I'm not real patient when it comes to some tech stuff, I can get the right size on everything else just not that and it is annoying

Last edited:
20200309_163417.jpg

That hatch is heavy with all that stuff bolted on.
20200311_130738.jpg

Some stuff I bought to make the job a little less, shall we say 'stressful'. I will say the tool that cuts the glass out is a little wonky to use, I've used piano wire in the past but that has it's own wonkiness.
20200312_145901.jpg

Anybody need a barely adequate e fan? It comes with the wiring.
20200312_155505.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
20200309_163417.jpg

That hatch is heavy with all that stuff bolted on.
20200311_130738.jpg

Some stuff I bought to make the job a little less, shall we say 'stressful'. I will say the tool that cuts the glass out is a little wonky to use, I've used piano wire in the past but that has it's own wonkiness.
20200312_145901.jpg

Anybody need a barely adequate e fan? It comes with the wiring.
20200312_155505.jpg
I had that same fan in one of my foxes, damned thing was terrible.

So those 10 holes you have sitting there..... are they 5 lug 17 inch?
I wish!!!
Seeing that window louver really makes me want one. I dont care how much it weighs!
The louvers are light, aluminum I think, it's the spoiler, latch and glass that add weight, even stripped it's fairly heavy.
Good luck finding some, the few I have found over the years were pricey.