The FAQ/write up/sticky compilation thread.

hungrymonkey

White by Birth, Trash By Choice
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
Oregon.
Ok, I was browsing through tech and found 7one's (now forcedfed70) thread on the megasquirt conversion. It was a very thorough write up with good information. Which would warrant a sticky.

But I noticed there are 4 other tech stickies and a stickied thread about what to stick next. :D

I am contemplating making one specific stuck thread with the links to the write ups and valued technical information that have previously been posted or future threads of this nature.
something similiar to the http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/643651-useful-technical-thread-index.html thread that the 5.0 forum has.

I am looking for member feedback on the idea, and content suggestions. If we do have a faq/tech index. I will unstick the threads.
The plus side is that we can pack more threads into less space.

• Sponsors (?)

I think it's a great idea. We have a lot of great writeups on this site, and some of it is for commonly asked questions/projects. IE: T5 swap, Bigger wheels/tires, shelby drop, etc....

My suggestions:
- Keep all of the links to a single post if possible. The following posts can be for people reccomending adding new links, requests, etc.
- Try to organize by topic/area IE: Suspension, transmission, power adder, etc
- Include a short description of what the writeup is about.
- Consider off-site links/articles as well. Maybe in a different section?
- Date the writeups. I've been thinking of adding a disclaimer to my EFI one as it's now 3 years old and there is new technology/options available. A savy member can easily tell how old the posts are, but it's not something you often think to check.

If this does go forward, does anyone have suggestions on how to organize the content?

by year.
by tech topic (bodywork, engine, etc)

I think by topic would be best. There is so much tech that spans multiple years or there is only minor differences between years. T5 swap would be a good example. Maybe include the years applicable as part of a short description?

thanks for the input.

I have all the links from the original faq thread. I would prefer to stick and lock the thread with credit given to the OP's and the poster who provided any links or info.

It would be fairly easy to keep it to one or two posts depending on the character limit.
The original FAQ is good, but has more drama than tech info...

I am hoping to use this thread to set a template and gather information. Then posting and locking the faq thread. I will be able to update as requested or needed.