The Journey To Find A Fox. Found A Cobra Instead.

Ok, I’ll see if I can get those studs out and reuse them.
Looking at the “salt and pepper shakers”, they are just sitting loosely in there. I take it they would mount here on the Cobra intake?
CBEDF709-5E3A-4E31-8E2A-B37F3F068543.jpeg

• Sponsors (?)

So I got the throttle body off, left the IAC on and the TPS on it. Assuming I will still have to reset idle when I get the Cobra intake on?

I really hate disconnecting electrical connectors. Broke a tab off of the TPS connector. Is there a tool that is made for this connectors?

Got the EGR valve off and it was mounted to studs, where those originally bolts? If so anyone know the sizes for those bolts?

Ordered new bolts for the upper to lower intake. I don’t think the GT40 tubular bolts will work for the Cobra. The Cobra takes 4 longer bolts and the GT40 takes 2 longer bolts, as well as the shorter bolts.

That’s about as far as I got today, this cold is wearing me down today, along with dealing with a 5 year old with the same cold.
No tool for the connector, just have to be easy on it. Heating it up a little, (little), helps. Remember, your dealing with 30ish year old plastic that has been heated and cooled thousands of times. Old, brittle plastic.

That's brings back memories of when I'd sit next to the radio with a blank tape on hand waiting for a song to pop on so I could record it.

First song I ever listened to in my fox was a tape recording of "surefire" by econoline crush I brought with me when I bought the car. That was 1997.

I need to play that song again in the car but the Ford 1993 CD player won't play a burned CD. I don't even think I have a CD burner anymore.,

I should temp swap in a Bluetooth radio

Reactions: 1 user
It was actually pretty fun looking for the Metallica cassette. I found it on eBay, but I wanted a really nice one. Turns out they are pretty collectible now, well somewhat collectible. Unopened cassettes fetch pretty good money.

I remember my first cassette I owned. I stole it from my older brother, ...and Justice for all by Metallica. My tastes have not changed since!

Reactions: 1 users
It was actually pretty fun looking for the Metallica cassette. I found it on eBay, but I wanted a really nice one. Turns out they are pretty collectible now, well somewhat collectible. Unopened cassettes fetch pretty good money.

I remember my first cassette I owned. I stole it from my older brother, ...and Justice for all by Metallica. My tastes have not changed since!
I’m 37, Metallica was all my two older brothers listened to when I was growing up. Good stuff. Always takes me back. My favorites are master of puppets and, and justice for all. I might have the old tapes, maybe, but I’d be lucky to find the cases. :rock:

Last edited:
Stayed home from work today. Could hardly breathe without coughing so I took a hot shower to clear the crap and felt much better. I can’t sit around so I figured I may as well take the GT40 intake off. Came off without a problem. Love it when I find torx bolt mixed with hex bolts.
B7644958-428D-4006-BDE1-5AE0FA21C058.jpeg
8F41D0A2-A7E8-4919-9645-9CB9C06C3F9E.jpeg

Had a butthole puckering moment. :eek:Found a nut sitting down where the pcv valve sits. Thank god the baffle is in there. No idea where it came from but I’m glad I checked for it. Now I have plenty of room to clean under there, just needs a good dusting. God I do not like that MSD stuff on there.:puke: Once I get the intake on and know it runs good I’ll swap everything out. One major part at a time to rule out problems.
C8BC1BF4-37DF-41CE-8DFA-80ECE252C69B.jpeg

I want to buy some new pcv hoses for the intake, found a set for a Cobra, but it’s $44 and NOS. I love NOS parts so I’ll probably just buy it and ask for forgiveness later.

Reactions: 5 users
Stayed home from work today. Could hardly breathe without coughing so I took a hot shower to clear the crap and felt much better. I can’t sit around so I figured I may as well take the GT40 intake off. Came off without a problem. Love it when I find torx bolt mixed with hex bolts.
B7644958-428D-4006-BDE1-5AE0FA21C058.jpeg
8F41D0A2-A7E8-4919-9645-9CB9C06C3F9E.jpeg

Had a butthole puckering moment. :eek:Found a nut sitting down where the pcv valve sits. Thank god the baffle is in there. No idea where it came from but I’m glad I checked for it. Now I have plenty of room to clean under there, just needs a good dusting. God I do not like that MSD stuff on there.:puke: Once I get the intake on and know it runs good I’ll swap everything out. One major part at a time to rule out problems.
C8BC1BF4-37DF-41CE-8DFA-80ECE252C69B.jpeg

I want to buy some new pcv hoses for the intake, found a set for a Cobra, but it’s $44 and NOS. I love NOS parts so I’ll probably just buy it and ask for forgiveness later.

Where is the fun in doing one major thing at a time? Its the best when the car runs like crap and you have to check everything!

Your car is too pretty for this..... but.... maybe someone else could use this info.

A few years ago i had a " race car "..... really a worn out POS....

Anyways, i found out that the " all thread " sold in the metal section of Lowes and Home depot has the same thread as the upper intake bolts. I changed spacers and crap so much that I found out was easier to buy 4ft of that stuff and just cut it down. Regular lock washers, flat washers, and nuts held everything together. Worked great for what it was. Never had to worry about ordering those bolts ever again. Trimmed up they didn't look too bad.

I wouldn't do that to a Cobra though. Not a cold chance in hell.:confused: