The Journey To Find A Fox. Found A Cobra Instead.

That gt40 is hidious ....

That thing shouldn't be anywhere near that Cobra. It would look way better in a piece of junk like mine . If you need a place to throw it I'll give you my address.

One mans junk is another mans treasure

Was your first sentence said in the Jake from State Farm ladies voice? Cause that’s how I read it

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

So a couple of things I’ve noticed so far..

The ebrake button vibrates and drives me crazy, happened to anyone else?

The dome light doesn’t come on for either door, probably just the bulb?

The lights for the vanity mirrors don’t light up.

The ashtray door I’m thinking is missing the spring, just kinda flops open. I know it’s a common problem, may fix it in the future.

Other than that I remember why I put fuel injection on my 66, love going out to a cold garage and have it fire right up!

Still searching locally for now for a cobra intake and TB before I look online.

does the hatch light come on? The bulbs inside are tough to find so when they burn out people just let it go. One of mine is burned out as we speak

Vanity mirror bulbs also tough to find and a pain to change. However they usually don't close properly leaving the light on and draining battery. Many unscrew the two screws to the visor into the roof and just unplug them. Check that out too

Ashtray door repair kit is in your future.

does the hatch light come on? The bulbs inside are tough to find so when they burn out people just let it go. One of mine is burned out as we speak

Vanity mirror bulbs also tough to find and a pain to change. However they usually don't close properly leaving the light on and draining battery. Many unscrew the two screws to the visor into the roof and just unplug them. Check that out too

Ashtray door repair kit is in your future.
No bulb in the hatch, he told me he took it out. I wouldn’t have thought they are hard to find. The map lights work well though. I’ll have to search for a dome light now.

Is it normal for the hatch release to only work with ignition on. I do have the dealer installed ford security system, don’t know if that affects it.

A5389EE1-20FC-404C-AC8B-608EF168FFFE.jpeg
Came with the car.

He also gave me the original door handles (the ones on the cobra are metal and have cobra one them), the mounts for the cargo cover, which I will want to find also, a cam specifically made for a Cobra(?) with the lifters also

So a couple of things I’ve noticed so far..

The ebrake button vibrates and drives me crazy, happened to anyone else?

The dome light doesn’t come on for either door, probably just the bulb?

The lights for the vanity mirrors don’t light up.

The ashtray door I’m thinking is missing the spring, just kinda flops open. I know it’s a common problem, may fix it in the future.

Other than that I remember why I put fuel injection on my 66, love going out to a cold garage and have it fire right up!

Still searching locally for now for a cobra intake and TB before I look online.

turn the radio up

Reactions: 1 users
Is it normal for the hatch release to only work with ignition on. I do have the dealer installed ford security system, don’t know if that affects it.

Yeah, that's normal...and annoying.

I assume you don't have the sunroof? If so that dome light is different than the sunroof cars. Bulb is different too. I just don't know the bulb numbers but I had to search a bit to get a new hatch bulb a while back

4D20FDD4-1462-4EAB-948A-499C831EB83E.jpeg
F2E22EF4-A287-46D9-9DC4-22BCF82652E3.jpeg
Now I just need good weather to drive it in.. getting onto the freeway was interesting and fun.

Sounds funny but this is the first Fox I’ve owned, first Fox I’ve driven, first manual I’ve owned. Lots of firsts with this car. I’ll take more photos once it’s actually sunny cause vibrant red really pops in the sun. Also, the paint is original as well as the interior.

I’ve never been a fan of msd anything, so those wires and the cap are going. Want to return in to stock so I will be searching for a cobra intake once the bank account recovers. Also will be getting the wheels repainted, I don’t mind the wheels, I just like the stock color better. But it runs really well!

Congrats on the purchase, it looks really nice! You should totally leave the tubular intake, it has way more of a cool factor than a stock intake and is done tastefully on your car!

I am on your side with the wheels. Stock silver color on the red is bitchin.

At any rate, great score, Im jealous!

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats on the purchase, it looks really nice! You should totally leave the tubular intake, it has way more of a cool factor than a stock intake and is done tastefully on your car!

I am on your side with the wheels. Stock silver color on the red is bitchin.

At any rate, great score, Im jealous!
Thanks! I will probably leave the intake on for now just so I can enjoy it this spring and summer, then I’ll see how I feel about it then. For some reason I don’t like the TB that’s on there, looks cheap for some reason. I’m sure it’s not, the PO really took care of this car and put quality parts on it. I’m a big fan of the silver wheels and the stock look as well. The hurst shifter I really love though!

There are two types of bulbs that fit the dome light, one is brighter than the other, do not get the brighter one, I think it is the 194, you want the 164, the other one will produce more heat and burn the plastic lens, this is also true for the hatch light, wrong bulb will melt the lens.
I hated the dome light in my 89 gt so when I replaced the headliner I used the rearview mirror from a convertible, they have lights buit in, much nicer and you have right and left side lights with seperate switches.

Thanks! I will probably leave the intake on for now just so I can enjoy it this spring and summer, then I’ll see how I feel about it then. For some reason I don’t like the TB that’s on there, looks cheap for some reason. I’m sure it’s not, the PO really took care of this car and put quality parts on it. I’m a big fan of the silver wheels and the stock look as well. The hurst shifter I really love though!

Glad to hear you like the Hurst. I put one in my car, but havent been able to really use it yet, lol. Cant tell for sure, but is that an Accufab TB? I know they tend to be polished units. It would say on the blade inside, so thats an easy way to check. If that is what you have, I would have it powder coated or something if you dont like the polished finish. Those are the best out there for our cars.

If you had the tubular intake, EGR spacer, and TB all powder coated a factory silver color, I bet it would look really nice and somewhat stock.