The Journey To Find A Fox. Found A Cobra Instead.

Glad to hear you like the Hurst. I put one in my car, but havent been able to really use it yet, lol. Cant tell for sure, but is that an Accufab TB? I know they tend to be polished units. It would say on the blade inside, so thats an easy way to check. If that is what you have, I would have it powder coated or something if you dont like the polished finish. Those are the best out there for our cars.

If you had the tubular intake, EGR spacer, and TB all powder coated a factory silver color, I bet it would look really nice and somewhat stock.
I don’t know why I didn’t think of refinishing everything, that would look really good. Yeah the hurst is nice, it’s a long throw but I do not care, I’m not racing it and it looks nostalgic.

• Sponsors (?)

A5389EE1-20FC-404C-AC8B-608EF168FFFE.jpeg
Came with the car.

He also gave me the original door handles (the ones on the cobra are metal and have cobra one them), the mounts for the cargo cover, which I will want to find also, a cam specifically made for a Cobra(?) with the lifters also

Door handles have cobra on them? Pics? Don;t think that's factory.

1993 cobra cam is same as 91-93 thunderbird 5.0

That's a sweet looking car man, congrats! The only one I want more than mine is a Teal 93 Cobra.

My $.02
Leave the intake, it's tastefully done and more rare than the correct Cobra intake, and not a big deal since you aren't 100% original/correct as is. The door handles aren't easily noticeable and a PITA to change out so if it's not broke... don't mess with it. For the bulbs I'd say go all LED inside and just be sure to get the proper polarity (it matters) so they all work and then have far less power draw and better lighting.

Reactions: 1 user
That's a sweet looking car man, congrats! The only one I want more than mine is a Teal 93 Cobra.

My $.02
Leave the intake, it's tastefully done and more rare than the correct Cobra intake, and not a big deal since you aren't 100% original/correct as is. The door handles aren't easily noticeable and a PITA to change out so if it's not broke... don't mess with it. For the bulbs I'd say go all LED inside and just be sure to get the proper polarity (it matters) so they all work and then have far less power draw and better lighting.
Yeah I looked at the Scott drake led interior kit, it’s pricey for bulbs but looks nice. I wish they sold just the dome light. I went out to see if there was a bulb in it so I can compare it to what’s online, there is no bulb of course. Hard to tell what it’s supposed to look like, especially since this is my first fox.

Forgot to add I will need to find a power seat track. The owner before the guy I bought it from removed the power seat track and put a manual one in. Still has the controls in the seat. Would like to find one, I sit really high due to the new foams in the seat. I’ve seen them on eBay, pretty pricey.

Anyone know what year power seat tracks will fit the 93?

Forgot to add I will need to find a power seat track. The owner before the guy I bought it from removed the power seat track and put a manual one in. Still has the controls in the seat. Would like to find one, I sit really high due to the new foams in the seat. I’ve seen them on eBay, pretty pricey.

Anyone know what year power seat tracks will fit the 93?
I feel pretty safe in saying a ‘93 version:D.

Reactions: 1 users