"The Last Boy Scout" fox body vert explosion.

skunk21

May 22, 2007
Taxachusetts
I had forgotten about this scene from the movie "the last boy scout". The part where after he finds his buddy hiding in his wifes closet, he goes to start up his white aero nose vert and KABOOM.

The scene with the vert is at the 9:47min mark, look after the thing blows up at how many things are wrong with the car after. I'm sure most of you will pick them out.

YouTube - The last boy scout 2/10

• Sponsors (?)

LOL. It cracks me up how the film industry sometimes can be so obvious with this stuff. Funny how they couldn't find another aero nose vert to use, must be in short supply :rolleyes:. I'm also curious how a vert wound up with hardtop doors :shrug:. I could have used some parts from that thing though :notnice::D

im wondering if they needed to make two shots of that but didnt have the money to burn two new mustangs so they cobbled one togeather for teh first shot.
my question is why not make the first shot them quickly put the car out (you know how fast that can be done) then set up for the second shot and burn the car again? unless maybe the water from the first ex. would keep it from burning right. even then they could have waited till the car was dry.
maybe they thought that everyone was stupid?

They must use two cars for one wreck scene in movies, anyone remember 2 Fast 2 Furious when the '03 Saleen got smashed up by the semi. During the smash up it still had its smoked '01-04 headlights... after the wreck it had the chrome '99-00 lights.

Then again why wreck a $60K Saleen when you can make a clone from a V6.

im wondering if they needed to make two shots of that but didnt have the money to burn two new mustangs so they cobbled one togeather for teh first shot.
my question is why not make the first shot them quickly put the car out (you know how fast that can be done) then set up for the second shot and burn the car again? unless maybe the water from the first ex. would keep it from burning right. even then they could have waited till the car was dry.
maybe they thought that everyone was stupid?

It's still pretty weird how a vert wound up with those doors yet they had the frame of mind to put turbines on it , they must of pieced together a wreck or something LOL.