The next "big" project for my Cobra

DAmn.... I'd have to call them at this point and ask them what the fck they're doing. :shrug:

NVM.... I was reading it backwards. LoL If you do that it looks just like what I posted above. hahaha

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

DAmn.... I'd have to call them at this point and ask them what the fck they're doing. :shrug:

I'll give them the weekend to unf**k themselves. Hopefully the tracking number isn't lying and it'll be there when I get home. (Insert fingers crossed emoji here)

edit: :cross: :D

Last edited:
It says they made the delivery - guess I'll find out later....

Screenshot_20230505_151446_Chrome.jpg

I can wait, thanks! :)
Got back a couple of days ago. Did a quick search of the garage and couldn't find it. I'm sure I put it someplace I can find it again easily...
Had to clean up a big tree that went down over the winter. I plan to go out and see if I can find it again. Probably need to get the car started and pulled out of my tiny garage so I can at least move stuff around. Now to find a parasitic load that bothered me all last summer. Hang in there. If I don't find it I'll let you know by the weekend.

Got back a couple of days ago. Did a quick search of the garage and couldn't find it. I'm sure I put it someplace I can find it again easily...
Had to clean up a big tree that went down over the winter. I plan to go out and see if I can find it again. Probably need to get the car started and pulled out of my tiny garage so I can at least move stuff around. Now to find a parasitic load that bothered me all last summer. Hang in there. If I don't find it I'll let you know by the weekend.
Well I spent most of the week in the garage getting the car ready to go and still haven't found the emblem.
Got derailed by a leak on the drivers side caliper.

• Surprised
Reactions: 1 users
Man!! It's been almost 2 months since I did anything with the car.... :( In any event, I'm kinda forced into it now. My truck is giving me problems, so I'm parking it until next week when a new part comes in for it. I need something to drive in the meantime, so the Cobra gets the nod. It seems that I remember it was running kinda rich after taking the jets back to original size. Attempting to go back through my posts, it seemed that I had it running pretty good with 66 jets so that's what I'm going to go with for now.

I think I'm going to call it a success. It was 84° F today, a little on the cool side of average for around here which, in my mind, should work well. I ended up taking the jets down to 66 and 68 from 71 and 75 to begin with. I fiddled with the idle mixture screws a little again after the car warmed up and adjusted the idle again. Afterward, I ran to the gas station and filled it up. On the short drive the gauge ranged from around 12.4-14. something. I even stomped on it for a second and it dropped to a low of 10.something before bumping up to the 12s and 13s again. Seems that's about where it should be going from a bunch of different internet sources. That and I think I'd rather have it a tad on the rich side vs on the lean side and risk detonation. So that's where I'm going to leave it for now. It's going to be hard to not watch those numbers! Lol

I've not messed with the secondaries this time, just the primaries. Hopefully it'll be in the "good enough" stage for the next few days until I can get my truck back up to snuff.....

It's definitely not ready for that kind of duty right now. It acts like there's a vacuum leak or something and won't run unless I have the choke almost fully closed. I checked all of the hoses and didn't see anything wrong, so I'm at a bit of a loss right now. So, since I need something to drive back and forth to work, I decided against daily driving it for the next few days and rented a car. :shrug: I guess I'll play with it at another time again....

• Sad
  • Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
As I mentioned in my carb tuning thread:

I went and bought myself a Christmas present a few minutes ago.....

Screenshot_20231209_133747_Gmail.jpg

I'll have to acquire a few more parts to have a complete system, but this was the most costly part of it all. There aren't a lot of reviews to go from yet, but the stuff I've seen has been mostly positive. Hopefully I'll have a good experience with it when I jump into installing everything..... :cross:

Most of the rest of the shopping list is already in my Summit wishlist. Having used a Fox fuel tank will be extremely helpful for this!! :nice:

Screenshot_20231209_134820_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231209_134829_Chrome.jpg

The Cobra is getting an upgrade (hopefully..... :cross: ). This arrived today.....

20231212_174914.jpg

It'll be a little while before I jump into it since I'm still in the elements and I'm wanting to get my garage built hopefully in the spring, but the price seemed too good to let pass. I went ahead and ordered most everything else for the swap too, barring anything I may not have thought of, hopefully it'll be a smooth swap. Details will be posted either here or a separate linked thread once I jump in.

Reactions: 2 users
Plenty of time to hit up youtube university and see what other knuckle draggers have to say about installation. :tard:

Yeah, I've already been perusing the Tube, seems that most everyone likes them. There's only one person that I've seen that didn't like it and it sounds like maybe they didn't install it correctly or something. Everything has been positive other than that one....

One other thing I noticed after I took this pic. I took this right after I opened the box - which kinda seems like it was opened previously. I took the big stuff out and took a quick look before putting it all back and discovered a few marks on the bottom of the throttle body right in the center of it, and it had a slight fuel smell. I've already sent them a message about it. Also, it looks like the screen of the hand held has some marking on the protective cover in the pic that I didn't immediately notice..... :chin

• Sad
I took another sniff or 2 of that throttle body because I just can't believe that it would be a returned piece and resold as new. Now I'm not sure if it's a fuel smell or if it's some sort of other oil product. And I don't see anything when I look at the handheld, so maybe that's just some sort of weird reflection. But the flap of the box was partially opened when I opened the shipping box..... :shrug:

Yes, there's a film on it and I didn't see anything on it when I looked at it again, so it's probably just some weird reflection and no big deal.

While I wait to start on this, I guess I need to make a decision..... do I stick with this manifold:

1702481689653.png

Or go back to this one:

1702481894321.png

:chin

I'm probably going to stick with the dual plane unless it gives me tuning issues. I don't think it will with the divider milled like I've already done.