The official 2007 NHL thread...

So looks like getting rid of Rayyyycroft paid off. Thomas seems to be doing well considering he was a late bloomer not to mention lucky to get the opportunity to play.


I still cannot get over the Thorton trade. Not to mention the person who tradded him isin't even there anymore.

Dude, you're starting to piss me off.

We traded the MVP for 3-4 young guys who probably won't be here next year, haven't got a coach who can adjust, and spent all our money on a freak d-man.


:(
 
Rivet traded to the Sharks after 12 years of service for a prospect defenceman and a first round pick. Not a bad deal for the Habs.

Zednik who was a floater for Montreal, was traded away in the offseason for a draft pick to Washington, is again traded away for a draft pick to the Islanders.

Islanders are a dangerous team in the East. Out of 4 possible contenders, I think they might be the most dangerous especialy with MR 15 year deal Depietro playing the way he is.
 
I have no F-ing clue why we picked up a guy who hasn't played all year! He even said that he doesn't want to start playing until the end of MARCH..! Um, there is only 2 freaking weeks left at that point so What are we thinking!


(The redwings) Sigining up for another 1st round exit - thank you very much.
 
:lol:

Good catch! Most likely at the time yes :cheers:

Islanders tonight... Sold my tickets.


In other news, I came in first in my hockey pool. Won a whopping 75$, plus I get a buy for the first playoff round :banana:
 
Nice! I'm in 11th place right now - got about 4 more weeks to pull off some sort of miracle with my team...

Too bad about Di-Pietro :shrug:

Tonights game -> The wings could take over the top spot in the west, but with Nashviles #22 jumping for hits, I am just hoping we squeak past tonight without any major injuries....
 
Yippee, we're in first for now....

I hope Tootoo realizes that the next time he plays us, he's going to be introduced to Todd Bertuzzi. Wussy wouldn't go with Bootland in the first, guess he'll only fight with Bootland if his back is turned and his gloves are still on.
 
Yeah - I'm really starting to not care for Tutoo as a NHL player. He seems to be the "sucker punch and run" kind of guy the more and more I see him.

I'm glad they suspended him for the sucker punch he gave the Dallas D-man (I can't think of his name) It should be interesting to see who plays Nashville in the post-season though. Both Dallas and us will now have a good reason to send them to the golf courses.

There's an interesting chat thread on ESPN between some Nashville fans, Dallas, us and a few die hard people from Canada. It makes for entertaining reading on your lunch break.