The Official Fox Body Production Number Thread

xplo89gt said:
1K Light Grey
LX 5.0 Sedan (P40E): 312
LX 5.0 Hatchback (P41E): 525
LX 5.0 Convertible (P44E):434
GT Hatchback (P42E): N/A
GT Convertible (P45E): N/A

There is no GT listed there. Wonder if these numbers don't include the 89 1/2 to 90 1/2 models.

Good point... The numbers may have not been available for the GT's? I dunno. But it looks like either way 1K is light grey and not smoke...

• Sponsors (?)

Originally one of 1799 Bright Regatta Blue 5.0 LX hatchbacks, but now an even-more-rare 1 of (I dunno, but less than 1300 over 2 years) in Deep Emerald Jewel Green. It's the only '89 I know of that's painted that color, at least.

poneypower89 said:
Me either... When I was looking at those color codes I was amazing to find yellow. I've never seen a yellow fox body that was orginal paint. Always repainted to be yellow.... You my friend are a lucky guy. :flag:

I like the yellow color. I saw one like this at Mustangs Unlimited for sale a few times. It says they made a lot of GT's in that color but I don't remember seeing any. Back in the late 80's I remember seeing all kinds of Mustangs with colors like that. That was the taste back then. I don't remember sand beige so I would like to see that.

attachment.php

Thanks to tylers65

:banana: Thanks goes out to tylers65 for making this a sticky! :banana:

Because this is a sticky now, I feel more motivated to post the 79-84 production numbers. So stay tuned and look for those to be up in a couple of days as time allows! :nice:

poneypower89 said:
I'm getting theses Numbers from Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords May 2005 issue. I believe the numbers I put up are striaght out of that, and they probably got the numbers from Ford themselfs. Its possible that other so called "titanium frost" hatches you seen where another year,or another color closely resembling titanium frost (grey, light grey), ya know? That, or your town is just soaking up all the good cars.

As far as your car goes, I dunno. there wasnt a listing for Ultra BLue. Go check the paint code on your tags and make sure that your car is actually Ultra Blue! If it is, then I dunno what to tell ya.

That info is a little off because it doesnt break down the ones with the lower titanium accent. My 92 GT is Titanium Frost on top with the Lower Titanium Accent which only 103 were produced of the 547 Titanium Frost Cars.

That doesnt neccessarily mean it's off. Your cars color is more than likely considered the color the actual car is... not counting the two toned ground effects. As there were quit a few cars that were two toned. Red/with grey ground effects, Blue/with grey ground effects... and etc.

In order to comprise a break down of EVERY SINGLE option a mustang could have would take up hundreds of pages of information...

What this list is ... is a very good *basic* break down of production numbers. It's not actually off, the numbers aren't *wrong*... they just aren't broken down extremly extensively like you are wanting.

poneypower89 said:
That doesnt neccessarily mean it's off. Your cars color is more than likely considered the color the actual car is... not counting the two toned ground effects. As there were quit a few cars that were two toned. Red/with grey ground effects, Blue/with grey ground effects... and etc.

In order to comprise a break down of EVERY SINGLE option a mustang could have would take up hundreds of pages of information...

What this list is ... is a very good *basic* break down of production numbers. It's not actually off, the numbers aren't *wrong*... they just aren't broken down extremly extensively like you are wanting.

I got mine broke down on Mustanggt.org and that is how I found out only 103 of the 547 were 2 tone.

Skoobie said:
Im the proud owner of the most produced version of the LX ever.....YES!!!! :banana: :spot: IN YO FACE 93' Cobra :owned:

DUDE! Me too!!! What are the odds two people on this thread have the same car! One of over 5,000, we should hold on to these diamonds in the rough. :D

damn, i had a 1 of 312 dove grey '89 lx coupe

i had a 1 of 829 ox white '88 lx coupe

then it gets silly...1 of 1,556 red GT

and craziest of all is my 1 of 4,106 limited edition '90 LX 'vert

89burn.jpg

that was my baby til it was stolen

Attachments

• 89burn.jpg
    89burn.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 303
Here is a pick of my friend jim's 1 of none as it was refered to 91' calypso green 5.0 notch with a standard tranny and all black interior not made availible to the public. There was a handfull of calypso green cars made in late 91 production but had either 4 cylinders,grey interior,automatics or hatches. The difference in the 91's and 92's were the body clad moldings were monochramatic for 92 and black for 91.
p1000050_large_web_view.jpg

5.0 Nostalgia said:
DUDE! Me too!!! What are the odds two people on this thread have the same car! One of over 5,000, we should hold on to these diamonds in the rough. :D

Not just the color, we're one of 24,734 LX hatches produced that year. Ford went bonkers with the LX that year :nice:

poneypower89 said:
ok? I must be confused.. does that mean the numbers i posted were off? or just not broken down as much as you hoped for?
Not off, just need broken down more. I still have the sales brochure from 1992 and under colors Titanium Frost is listed seperat from Titanium Frost with Lower Titanium Accent.