The Official "what Do You Do For A Living" Thread

And, if you do it while you are in on active duty, you usually get it for free.

Apply to be a ff here in Vegas. They start in the 70's and go up from there. Most make low six figures.
Wow that's one hell of a starting pay for a firefighter, but I quess its vegas. Ive been on 7 years and a floating driver for the last 5, which means i drive a different truck everyday. We've got 90 some fireman on 3 platoons and most of our engines run 2 men... If you don't know what that means look it up!!

Reactions: 1 user
Used to work in the automotive field. Primarily diagnosed, repaired, and R&R'd automatic transmissions. Now I'm working for the county road department doing anything from turning wrenches to operating equipment. And sitting on my ass a lot. So much that I just take pictures of the equipment I operate. Lol

Wow. What a variety. I'll play. I was an ASE Certified auto tech for a GM/Volvo dealer for 17 years and a manager the last few. I went to trade school to do auto body which was a hobby all these years. I then operated a bodyshop/towing business for 4 yrs. Here's the kicker.....I went back to school and am now an RN in an emergency department. Also volunteer as an EMT. I got my auto knowledge for my hobby, now I can do it!

Reactions: 3 users

Wow thats one hell of a career change. Major extreme. Im doing the same thing now, been in the Security/Law Enforcement profession for 5 years and now looking to go into the Aviation field.

I am late, but here are some relevant parts of my resume - certified counter man. I was the parts dept. manager of a (GM) dealership. I also play in bands. We play polkas, rock, country, big band swing, even old city band music. Pay can be good for the hours, but I often play for food and drink if the party sounds good. Paid gigs (and money for speed parts) slowed down when the economy tanked. I also have an electronics background, but bow to the real computer techs.