Progress Thread The Ragged Gt Thread-little To No Progress Made-Garage Art

• Sponsors (?)

Soooo, wat broke????
And how did ya do it????

It’s not a very heroic or exciting story. But is a story of ignorance. I had parked the car in my side yard,out of the driveway (and not in the garage for reasons I don’t recall.)
To make room for guests to a birthday party for my youngest son. Next day it rained-a lot. Followed by several more days of heavy rain. So the Mustang was basically stuck-cause wet +grass + smooth street tires = Not gonna move lol. The ignorance comes in a couple ways- First is something super simple like checking and cleaning the drain hole in my functional ram air hood . Second is not to start the car before doing said check/clean.
I did neither of those things and hydrauliced the motor-damage occurred, and it’s basically been sitting ever since
What happened, man ??? There's a story behind this. Come on...ya gotta let us know.

• Sad
  • Surprised
  • Informative
Reactions: 2 users
Oh no....thats a bad story. I was hoping you atleast got a chance to have some fun before the bad thing happened. That's BAD.

I'm going through something myself with Dusty. The last time I had him out I beat on it a little more than usual. Went a hair below full send.

My car is now pushing coolant out of the overflow tank....while its still cold. Not a good sign at all.

• Sad
  • Surprised
Minor update-(some un pictured) had to replace a few bent push rods,drained the oil,didn’t really find a lot of water-there was some. Car wouldn’t start- had fairly weak spark- finally installed the Summit/Spectra distributor I’ve had on the parts shelf for 2 ish years- also changed the stock coil for a Super high Performance and often sought after Amazon ignition coil. Still wouldn’t start. Put my fuel pressure gauge and all was well, so I Pulled the not very old spark plugs-very fouled out. Replaced em with a fresh set and she started- pig rich, rolling black smoke and running terrible- after a few minutes it started clearing up and idling pretty normal-smoke cleared up and I was pretty happy-first mistake- instantly back to running terrible-coal rolling and sputtering until it died. Then it wouldn’t restart. Couple days later I pulled one of the new plugs and it was fuel soaked. So I bought a new mass airflow and another set of plugs. Changed it all an no start- Now I have no fuel pressure at the rail,can’t hear the pump run-I have power to the pump-so now I’m changing a fuel pump …. Lol
1237336A-CBF1-4AD4-87FD-FE0F78960C83.jpeg
40C43757-E7D5-4005-A750-3F74AAED5EB9.jpeg

As is it always is with this car-there is Good and Bad-today was the day the Mustang came out of the garage-no major issues before taking it off the stands-other than the insanely expensive flexible dip stick kept popping out. Checked all the fluids-got it up to temp etc. drove it around the neighborhood a few Time’s. She was ready-
C8A69EDE-500E-4893-A118-D4B52FC2A7B5.jpeg

There she is-maiden voyage to Kroger-everything worked like it’s supposed to-oddly harder to drive with how quite the tailpipes make it.
FA884E53-7AA5-4CEF-A012-DCBACF0EF5BB.jpeg

Here’s moments before the bad-at around $38 dollars worth of fuel-5 gallons of it decided to coming pouring out-flooding that whole area-it was awesome-had to push the car out of the fuel while the attendants cleaned up $15 worth of regular. Guess when I replaced the filler neck gasket-I got it wrong.. Dunno … But way more Good than Bad today
1DE0ACCE-822B-46BF-9F6C-C28B0835BDA8.jpeg

• Informative
Update: The Good- Fuel leak was fairly straight forward-filler neck gasket had pulled out-guess I’m really glad it wasn’t leaking fuel when I welded the tail pipes on :shrug:

D40BD6DA-F4B9-4E19-AC07-CB3BFC42AA27.jpeg

The Bad-successfully drove the mustang to work with no issues-on the way home the low oil light came on and my oil pressure was down. Yup, stupidly expensive flexible dip stick had blown out again. Still more good than bad
15DA1A42-CAE9-41E2-91CA-789F9E88F646.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user