The Reenmachine DOHC '67 Shelby Clone Convertible Progress

Reen,

I have been watching this thread for a while. I must say I love the console that you put together. Did you do the padding along the edges yourself? Can you post some pictures of the assembly of the console? What are the toggles switches going to be?

Mike

• Sponsors (?)

monk302 said:
Reen,

I have been watching this thread for a while. I must say I love the console that you put together. Did you do the padding along the edges yourself? Can you post some pictures of the assembly of the console? What are the toggles switches going to be?

Mike
I didn't make the console. It's made by a place in Canada called Mustang Connection (EDIT: RENAMED TO MUSTANG PONY CARS):

http://www.mustangponycars.com

The bottom switch is a stock power top switch, and the top one is for the inboard driving lights.

Cascade Products

Which of their product(s) did you use for your sound deadening on the floor? Did you do anything for the interior of your doors, quarter's, etc.?
GREAT JOB by the way!!:nice:
Thanks!

Cascade Audio Engineering

On this car, I'm using the VB2 MAX everywhere. It's like using Dynamat Extreme everywhere. I put it on the firewall, floors, inside the doors, etc.

On the blue fastback I'm using their multi-stage system, which consists of a spray and two different types of mat depending on the location.

On the green fastback I'm using Lizard Skin (spray everywhere).

After these three are on the road I'll know what's the best compromise between performance and PITA factor. :D

Here's a pic of the power window switches mounted in the console. They're right at your fingertips when your arm is resting on the armrest.

0176.jpg

Attachments

• 0176.jpg
    0176.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 496
I picked up the seats from the upholstery shop yesterday and they're magnificent. SCAT Procar Elites were the foundation, but the foam and upholstery is completely redone to follow the lines and style of '67 Shelby seats.

0178.jpg

Attachments

• 0178.jpg
    0178.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 454
Suggestion to the board moderator

Just a suggestion to the board moderator. Please leave :lock: this thread as a sticky for several months to come.

I, as many others, will probably be referring back to it when building our mustangs. There is a lot of good and useful information here! :nice:

67FBack said:
Have you found the door panels with the window crank handle hole deleted?
(for the electric windows)
You know of some? I was going to call around Monday to see if someone would make a set for me, but have low expectations. The shop that did the seats will cover the door panels for me in matching vinyl and delete the window crank hole, but it'll run me $225 per panel. Thus, I'm looking for alternatives.

reenmachine said:
You know of some? I was going to call around Monday to see if someone would make a set for me, but have low expectations. The shop that did the seats will cover the door panels for me in matching vinyl and delete the window crank hole, but it'll run me $225 per panel. Thus, I'm looking for alternatives.

Look at these. Still need to be covered. http://super-store.stores.yahoo.com/musdesdoorpa.html

Or as an alternative http://www.a1electric.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=CAPS&Category_Code=

If covering just the window crank opening is something you are considering, that might a good place to sneak in another detail. Maybe cover the opening with the same emblem you used on the wheel center caps?

Attachments

• CAP.JPG
    CAP.JPG
    8.3 KB · Views: 189
Daves1967 said:
If covering just the window crank opening is something you are considering, that might a good place to sneak in another detail. Maybe cover the opening with the same emblem you used on the wheel center caps?
I've pretty much decided to suck it up and have the upholstery shop recover the door panels. It's the cleanest solution, and that way they'll match the interior quarter panels, which I'm having covered as well.