the roofstripe car...

• Sponsors (?)

When I get mine painted, it's going to be replaced with a piece of sheetmetal welded flush with the fender and prepped :D No more antenna... may get XM radio instead but my MP3 collection is more than enough for me right now.

yea if i keep deleting stuff its gonna be weird looking lol. the front ford emblem is gone, deck lid emblem gone, yesterday i did the ground effects, filled in the mustang gt on them. its looks a lot cleaner now. Now its time to start on the motor! lol

Hopefully that lacquer spray bomb doesnt come back to haunt ya when it comes to painting that. Spray bomb primer has been known to wrinkle and fcku your paint job up real bad. Looks like shes coming along tho! Mine is in the same boat as yours. All but a matter of time. lol

i just done the minor stuff on the car.....before it ever gets painted were gonna take it down to metal, its got too many coats on it already..just wanted to halfass sand it so this primer would stick. me and a friend have a shop, gonna take it there and do the body. that purple was just horrible it had to go.

It looks better... go emblom less!

At one time, there used to be a company that sold a remote antenna that you could mount under the dash and eliminate the sailboat mast of an antenna. I don't know if that product still exists though.

Yeah and it looks great! I should've sold the car for way more lol...

I'm glad he's got it after seeing what 2 days of work can do :)

I guess i'll add another coat of fiberglass resin to my Notch's hood... air pockets suck!!!

Bondo is going to crack unless you used the right kind of filler...

I am currently getting my car ready for paint and have been thinking ALL the same stuff mentioned here. Deleted ALL the badges short of the nose emblem, deleted the antenna, and had visions of getting rid of the Mustang on the front and rear bumper. I decided to save them, because if I got rid of them I felt it would look like I had a cheap aftermarket bumper on the car.

Right now I am working on filling the holes from the License plate (being a pain in the a$$) and trying to get the plastic and jambs sanded and ready. Our cars are definately scary when you start to really tear into them body and chassis whys.

HoodStrype said:
Yeah and it looks great! I should've sold the car for way more lol...

I'm glad he's got it after seeing what 2 days of work can do :)

I guess i'll add another coat of fiberglass resin to my Notch's hood... air pockets suck!!!
i kept telling you we should do it when u had the car lol. even started sanding the fenders for ya that night we put the nose on.

im done deleting stuff i think. dont have mustang on the back bumper since its a cobra bumper or itd be gone too lol. i actually think im gonna dig the bondo out of the nose emblem and redo it with resin....thats the only one big enough to where it may crack. but thatll be down the road when i start doin the body for real. before paint. decided to replace the antena with a smaller one.

Yea, that bondo is going to crack off in like a week, grind it all out and then go to a good autobody supply store and ask them for an epoxy for eurathane plastic, it will stick like glue, bondo will just crack off, I work at a body shop so if you have any questions about what to use or how to do something just ask away an I'd be more than happy to help you out.
Jesse