Progress Thread The Tale Of Elsuperpinto (Now With ACTUAL Progress!).

• Sponsors(?)

74stang2togo

NERD!
Mod Dude
Mar 7, 2002
The Jack Elam avatar is cracking me up
Its like he's looking at me, almost.

elam.jpg
Someone posted the pic of him in a thread yesterday, and I am a big fan of his work in westerns and comedies, and I thought it'd be funny, so I ran with it for a bit.

Ya'll know me, it'll change again before too long, I've probably had 50 or more avatars on this site over the years. I've had Dana Benn (don't google her at work), the Houston Astros, Dallas Stars, a vintage 4Runner badge, a II emblem, pictures of my cars, a picture of my dog, cartoons, a starship from Star Trek, and a crap-ton I can't remember.

74stang2togo

NERD!
Mod Dude
Mar 7, 2002
...and then came to pass, the [end] of the CT wars :O_o:
Speaking of things coming to an end...

I put in my two weeks' notice with Carmax Thursday night.

I was offered 25% more per flat-rate hour, paid training, a 2 mile commute (and that's round-trip, compared to my current 105 miles round trip) at the BMW dealership here in town, and I'll be working during the day instead of at night.

Suddenly, my weekends won't be mostly devoted to sleep, and I'll have three hours of my day back.

74stang2togo

NERD!
Mod Dude
Mar 7, 2002
0119201340a.jpg
0119201339.jpg
0119201340.jpg

Finally made it out to the boneyard to pick up the Jeep hat! Also got the similar, but taller one from a Durango, but it looks like Jeep is going to be the way to go here.

It naturally fits facing the driver's side, but there I'm going to run into the coolant reservoir, washer reservoir, and radiator. Going the other way means buying more parts, but I can get to the original cool air inlet that way.

Hmmm...

74stang2togo

NERD!
Mod Dude
Mar 7, 2002
The amazing friend that donated the TR3650 to the "super-secret-powertrain-swap" also gave me a Procharger-branded conical air filter for the current pushrod mill's budget cold-air intake this week. We'll see where my energy level, funding level, and the weather are over the next week, but something should happen soon.

74stang2togo

NERD!
Mod Dude
Mar 7, 2002
Measurements have been made, stuff has been ordered... The ol' pushrod mill will run again soon.
Screenshot_2020-02-16-18-18-45.png
Screenshot_2020-02-16-18-18-56.png

Two weeks at the BMW dealership and I'm already caught up on the bills I'd fallen about a month behind on (all credit cards, one of which is maxxed out with medical debt from three years ago still). Between the $75 a week I'm not spending on gas (I haven't gassed up in over two weeks on the 4Runner, which used to be a twice-a-week thing), making slightly more money, and being able to come home on my lunch breaks and just eat leftovers (and play with the dogs, watch videos on Youtube or an episode of something on Hulu or Netflix, use my own damned bathroom, etc) and not buying a tool for this brand or that brand on a regular basis has saved me a lot of money. It's been freezing and/or raining (and even snowing one day) in those two weeks, so I haven't got a lot done yet, but things are starting to happen now that I'm not too tired to do anything but collapse into bed on a daily basis.

Last edited: