The thread of the nicest FOXES!

• Sponsors (?)

just took this one
4r73bza.jpg

Man! that's tough. I can't imagine what would be worse coming home to the car being burnt or stolen. Once a car is burnt it's pretty much done. It's hell trying to get paint to stick to burnt metal. It takes tons of elbow grease to even get it to stick and it's possible it will flake off at that. Looks like you recovered pretty well with the white LX. The Saleen wing sets it off. Looks good.

Here's my 88 GT. I posted it in the thread about 3 years ago and then a while ago as a before and after pic. I changed the link of the after pic and I figured I'd put it back into this thread. 18x8 and 18x9 3 piece Sterns. I'm still working on the interior. I've got a set of Pace Car Recaro's to have recovered. Once those are done the interior is completely black and it's off to the motor. I can't decide if I should twin turbo it or supercharge it. I'm getting to the point to where I just want it done. I may just settle on a supercharger because it takes less overall work. But the TT setup would be schweeeet!!! ;)

159218.jpg
thats funny because you are where i want my to be and i have the pace car seats that need to be reupholstered as well i guess great minds think alike. i have alot of work before my car looks anything like yours ,unfortunately my car was driven through the winters in the northeast and my framerails are rotted underneath the strut towers.great job with yours can't wait to get mine done

thats funny because you are where i want my to be and i have the pace car seats that need to be reupholstered as well i guess great minds think alike. i have alot of work before my car looks anything like yours ,unfortunately my car was driven through the winters in the northeast and my framerails are rotted underneath the strut towers.great job with yours can't wait to get mine done

Thanks man! I can empathize with where you are with yours. I drove mine for 4 years (1998-2002) every day. I parked it in '02 to start working on it. I didn't get it into the body shop until '05. It's now '07 and I'm just completeing the interior. I like to get things that are hard to find. The wheels are one and the seats are another. I've got the typical wine taste, beer pocketbook syndrome. Hell, I'll probably have to repaint the car again when I get the engine and interior done just because it will have been so long. It's a slow process for me, but it is more of a sedative when I'm working on it.

Here are a couple of shots from when I drove The Tail of the Dragon last week.

167131.jpg

167132.jpg

167124.jpg

OFCR MOE, You've done an awesome job with that vert. I thought it was amazing how the color of the car had changed in these latest pics. It's weird how lighting and camera choice can change that.

Thanks man! I can empathize with where you are with yours. I drove mine for 4 years (1998-2002) every day. I parked it in '02 to start working on it. I didn't get it into the body shop until '05. It's now '07 and I'm just completeing the interior. I like to get things that are hard to find. The wheels are one and the seats are another. I've got the typical wine taste, beer pocketbook syndrome. Hell, I'll probably have to repaint the car again when I get the engine and interior done just because it will have been so long. It's a slow process for me, but it is more of a sedative when I'm working on it.those are some great shots i bet you get more looks in that car than anyone would get in a new one.

Here are a couple of shots from when I drove The Tail of the Dragon last week.

167131.jpg

167132.jpg

167124.jpg

OFCR MOE, You've done an awesome job with that vert. I thought it was amazing how the color of the car had changed in these latest pics. It's weird how lighting and camera choice can change that.

Thanks guys! It's definitely a work in progress. I went to the World Ford Challenge this past weekend and saw some cars in person from this thread and the one over at the corral and they make my car look like a chump. Holy smokes are people detailed. I can only hope to make mine as nice as the ones I saw this weekend.