RANT!!! These cars are really getting scarse

Dontknowchit

Jul 31, 2017
Here are before and after shots of a parts car at my local yard here in Nashville. I got the email alert on Tuesday and knew I had to get there quick so headed over on Saturday.....car had been on the lot for 5 days....5 days and look at this carnage:

1000002278.jpg

1000002277.jpg

Had the entire front end off within 5 days of hitting the lot. I was fixing to get those rims, headlights, bumper cover, bezel, mirror switch.......all gone in 5 days. Bumper cover was at the back of the car but it got hacked up in the removal process.

• Sponsors (?)

Twice I have left my local yard after finding some 94/95 front spindles on a car...
Didn't sleep well, but lucked out and they were both there the next morning...

Reactions: 1 user
I got a good quality steering wheel and a few switches. I knew the rims may be gone but was hopeful that the 4 lug would not be as popular. I figured it would be picked on already, was just shocked to see the interior and the engine bay so stripped in 5 days. I live too far away to ever be there same day they hit the lot. I agree I think alot od the pi kers I saw today were just resellers.

I got a good quality steering wheel and a few switches. I knew the rims may be gone but was hopeful that the 4 lug would not be as popular. I figured it would be picked on already, was just shocked to see the interior and the engine bay so stripped in 5 days. I live too far away to ever be there same day they hit the lot. I agree I think alot od the pi kers I saw today were just resellers.
They’re all digging for Foxbody gold!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Here in Oregon, the same thing happens. Within a few days the cars are picked over pretty good, especially if they are 5.0 cars. I believe last year there were like 7 foxbodies that showed up in the local yards. 3 were V8's but only 2 came in with their drivetrains. One was an 83 V6 capri and that was virtually unmolested. They kept it for a while but there were hardly any parts pulled.

People take the weirdest things too. There was a 93 GT vert like the one above. Picked clean in few days but they left the ECU harness and the radio. Radio was mint, hardy any wear to the buttons. Worked perfectly. That was a 50% day too. Flipping those two items would pay for the entire drivetrain.

So far this year there have been no foxbodies that have come in. Even SN95's are scarce these days which figures, now that I want to 5 lug swap my car...

Reactions: 1 users