Think we're gunna sell the 07 GT.......

PoopDawg

Autozone Junkie
Founding Member
Jun 21, 2002
Orlando, FL
Me and wife are already sick of the black car (literally 1000 times more visible rock chips on the front end then my 18 year old Fox), and the rear axle problems we've had with this thing... So we think we're gunna go ahead and sell it and get something else. Haven't even had this car a year and I'm already so sick of it. Other then the color and axle problems, it's been great and is really quick... but not worth my trouble. We figure we can sell it for more or atleast what we still have left on our loan.... I dunno if we would even consider another S197 after all the problems we've had with this one.............

Nick

• Sponsors (?)

Every now and then Ice-cream turns to S*** ...

My 05 was built late in the year Oct. and I haven’t had it in for a single TSB car runs and acts just fine. Sometimes and it seems always at the worst time Murphy shows up but... you could pull those parts you’ve invested in... sell the car... find something low mileage or new in a different color and be right back in the hunt.

To many satisfied S197's out there to go in a different direction.......

Don't know what problems you've had with the axle (warranty?).

Definitely get another one.

Silver wouldn't show the nicks.

The Vista Blue is almost as bad as black.

Chips and DUST.

Can't keep it clean enough.

Looks good when it is clean though!

SOHC

Yea black's a bitch with the chips and scratches but I still wouldn't trade mine for any color.

I do kind of wish I would have found a 99-04 GT and then supercharged it instead of buying this one brand new. Would have been faster for less money. That was actually my plan until I test drove a used 05 Gt 5spd black with red leather. Not one week later I had this one on order! .......No I'm not a compulsive buyer.

I do kind of wish I would have found a 99-04 GT and then supercharged it instead of buying this one brand new. Would have been faster for less money.

Yeah, but then you'd be saddled with an older, lesser car with no warranty....even if it was faster. Trust me, you made the right choice. The S197 is the better car all the way around. :nice:

I personally have nothing against black cars, as my previous 3 Stangs were all black..However ! black cars are also a royal pain in the butt, as every little flaw and stone chip, sticks out like a sore thumb..Even touch up paint doesn't seem to help very much..Which is exactly why, I'll never own another black car again.. Especially if it's a daily driver :shrug:

I personally have nothing against black cars, as my previous 3 Stangs were all black..However ! black cars are also a royal pain in the butt, as every little flaw and stone chip, sticks out like a sore thumb..Even touch up paint doesn't seem to help very much..Which is exactly why, I'll never own another black car again.. Especially if it's a daily driver :shrug:

+1! We are considering an 08 WITHOUT the 3.55s, and the options we wanted in the beginning. NAV, leather, 18 inch polished wheels, HIDs, GRABBER ORANGE...

It's either that or an AWD Fusion. :shrug:

Black paint is definitely no fun... it takes dedication that’s for sure.

I’ve owned three now back to back, four total and swore after the first one... never a black one again but every time I ended up on a lot just to look there IT would be... just sitting there.

Grabber Orange... well that’s just fine to. :D

:nice:

What ever happened to lemon laws? Make them give you the new one. No kidding. Only one year, right? Kick and scream or something. Curse them out on the sales floor when there are a lot of customers.

Upsetting to hear of such a bad car.

You really got a draw. One ought make such a lucky draw in a lottery!

Black is a pain, looks great for the 4 hours you can keep it clean. Personally I wanted white.. but every dang one was being sent to Roush at the time. I refuse to drive a yellow or orange Mustang. Black is just so sexy after a fresh waxing though!

strange question

Maybe a little weird question Poop but are you and Kool brothers? Do you have the same Dawg momma? If so, did you guys get picked on for your brothers name? Or did anyone ever combine your names and call you some Kool Poop Dawg? Me and my best friends were Maxwell House Coffee which quickly became Maxwell House Coffee Decafinated French Blend!!!!

Maybe a little weird question Poop but are you and Kool brothers? Do you have the same Dawg momma? If so, did you guys get picked on for your brothers name? Or did anyone ever combine your names and call you some Kool Poop Dawg? Me and my best friends were Maxwell House Coffee which quickly became Maxwell House Coffee Decafinated French Blend!!!!

Whisky
Tango
Fox Trot
?
?
?
?
?
:scratch: