Thinking about buying a Cobra

parchisi

Apr 13, 2006
New Mexico
At a local mustang shop, they got a black 1993 Cobra. It has 121,000 miles, and it runs great.

As far as engine work, its got long tube headers, O/R H, and unknown cat-back, but it sounds bad-ass. I'm pretty sure its cammed, stock everything else.

The interior is gray and it needs a decent amount of work. Exterior needs a paintjob.

It's had the 5 lug conversion done to it and its currently sporting 17x9 03 cobra wheels with 275's all around, and its been lowered.

The guy is asking $7,000 for it. I think that if I buy it, spruce it up, compression test the engine and rebuild if necessary, and give it a new paintjob, I can sell it for a decent profit. It would be a fun project to just work on. Any thoughts?

SSPX0009.jpg

SSPX0011.jpg

SSPX0018.jpg

SSPX0013.jpg

Edit: Maybe I should post this in the Fox section also. I've just never post anywhere else but the 94-95 section.....I'm scared...

• Sponsors (?)

buy it...the car is work more then that...its the last of the fox body's and its the first year of the cobra....with a few mods already on it....you can always rebuild the interior later....check the history first though.....just to be safe....

seems pretty fair i would be interested in it paint dosent look terrible if i bought it i wouldn't want to sell that though hahah im sure something else in my stable would loose its spot...nice find though

Wow! Good find, but for the life of me, why in the hell would someone let a 93 Cobra go down hill like that?? I guess it's good in a way that people actually "drive" these cars, this way normal, everyday people can have a chance to own one!

i hate low miliage cars and people who dont drive what they have it seems stupid to me its not going to be that big of a investment later on in life might as well enjoy it ...i drive the wheels off whatever i own and always will its what there made to do

For around here ... I would say that is too much :shrug:

To my way of thinking .... Too many miles and too many mods
and
From how you describe it ... It has seen a hard life with not much if any loving care

I'd pass on it ...

Grady

i hate low miliage cars and people who dont drive what they have it seems stupid to me its not going to be that big of a investment later on in life might as well enjoy it ...i drive the wheels off whatever i own and always will its what there made to do

Not that big of an investment?? Are you crazy!? I take it you don't watch the auto auctions on TV. These 93 Cobras will be worth more and more as the years go by. Check out this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1993...oryZ6236QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Now I know the car costed a few more thousand bucks new, but look at the GT, it's cost was right up there with the Cobra and the same example of a GT would be worth half of what that Cobra is going for.

Not that big of an investment?? Are you crazy!? I take it you don't watch the auto auctions on TV. These 93 Cobras will be worth more and more as the years go by. Check out this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1993...oryZ6236QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Now I know the car costed a few more thousand bucks new, but look at the GT, it's cost was right up there with the Cobra and the same example of a GT would be worth half of what that Cobra is going for.

if i cant drive it ..its not worth anything to me

I know they came with 4 wheel disc brakes, but I think they were still 4 lug.

I'm really torn guys, too many differing opinions on it. i think I may try to talk him down to $6,000 and see what happens, but he doesn't seem to be in too much of a hurry to sell it and he said he's posting a paper ad next week for it and he seems confident that it'll be gone in a heartbeat.

Man I love those 93's.. I have never been in one but I heard one when they first came out. They sound sick! I dunno if that is the sound the engines make or the factory mufflers or what but the one I heard was years ago, brand new. It was orange (my favorite color for that year. I would definitely take those wheels off and put back on the factory rims and fix it up keeping it as close to factory looks as possible.

I would never change the engine out or anything either..I would put on a superchaeger but those cars are meant to be kept original in my o. Also, they would be putting out 250hp from the factory with fords 94 rating system.

I was thinking of just rebuilding the engine, keeping it stock though...except it'd be a 306 rather than a 302 since the cylinders would probably have to be bored a bit. Would that hurt its "Cobraness" any?

I would rebuild but KEEP the original block. You will be thanking me at Barrett Jackson one day! :)

Don't bang it out to a 347 either. Keep it original. Asupercharger can be taken off easily and everything would look factory..

..Put in a 347 or something? ...No way not me..it takes AWAY fron it. Just my o.

Screw it. I've decided that I'm buying it and I'm going to have fun working on it. If I can sell it again for a profit, that's just icing on the cake. I definitely don't think a 93 cobra is going to go DOWN in value.