Thinking about ditching my Pypes O/R X for a Bassani...

The Pypes sound awesome, but no matter WTF I do, I always have a slight leak from the passenger side. I even installed a brand new gasket from Ford, and it does it anyway. I've tightened it as much as I can, but the sound still prevails. I'm starting to believe that it's a result of crappy fitment. Everything went on fine, but I dunno. Even after Ford did the motorswap and bolted up the midpipe again, it still leaks! I've heard great things about Bassani, so I was thinking of getting them. Is it worth it?

The leak is very slight and can only be heard under load at lower RPMs (inaudible at idle and WOT).

• Sponsors (?)

no, take it to a good muffler shop, they can fix it in about 15 minutes. No reason to drop another couple hundred on a new midpip

go through and put the gasket in like there is spoce to be, and then like what i did to stop the leak, i got gasket builder strong enough to handle the heat, and put extra protection on it.. no leaks!!

go through and put the gasket in like there is spoce to be, and then like what i did to stop the leak, i got gasket builder strong enough to handle the heat, and put extra protection on it.. no leaks!!

Are you referring to a putty-like substance? I actually have some, and it withstands insanely high temperatures (like 2800 degrees). Maybe if I pull off the pipe and coat the gasket with that crap, it'll seal it up.

Nah, I've just had incredibly bad luck with this car. In 6 months:

-Had her broken into (at my own house in an insanely safe neighborhood)
-Needed a brand new motor
-Four days after having the car back with the new motor, some chick hits my car while I was parked (rear bumper)
-Got a ticket for my tints the next night

:(

At least I'll be getting a Cobra bumper when her insurance gets around to paying me (filed the claim two days ago).