Thinking of going TURBO...Finally.

Well If you have read any of my last post this week, you should know Ive been have a bad issue with my nearly brand new motor. either I have a broken rod or piston. So I go to pull the oil pan of to check it out (have already disassembled the whole top halfof the motor...exhaust manifolr, intake manifold, timing belt, head, ect.). And to my suprise FORD had a great design idea and made it so you have to take off the starter AND raise the engine off the mounts about 3" just to get it off. Well one of my bolds on the "mount to mount" (2 piece engine mounts) is stripped. So the only way to raise my engine is to unbold the mounts from the engine, and in doing so, the engine will not be supported whatsoever unless from a hoist or jacks at the bottom (making it impossible to take the oil pan off. my second delema is even if I do get the pan off and engine supported, there is no room to work on the #1 cyl because of the steering which is directly below it)
Sorry...long story short. I have to pull my engine out to fix my problem no matter what. So I was thinking about rebuilding my engine back to working order and trying to sell it to help fund a turbo motor. The problem I have with that is my car is an auto. even though I had the tranny rebuild at the same time I bought my new engine (about 25k ago). I know my a4ld will go bad sooner than the rubber on my tires. But Id hate to put a 3rd n/a engine in my car consiering Ive wanted and talked about going turbo for 3yrs now.
Anyways, tomorrow Ill be off the rent a engine hoist and be pulling my motor. hope all goes well. Should I pull the tranny and engine out as a whole so I dont have to worry about meeting them again or would it be easier to just pull the engine by itself?

• Sponsors (?)

Heres A pic just to let you know why im so upset my new motor has gone to $h!*. I put lots of work into it and JUST gave it, its FIRST TUNE UP it ever needed last week. :Damnit:

Attachments

• 1312700292_l.jpg
    1312700292_l.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 108
dude that sucks

sorry about your luck

I am ina similar boat, I have two a4ld tranny's and both are crap so I guess I'll be rebuilding one by myself for the first time

also go to harbor freight and just buy an engine hoist they have them on sale through the end of december for $149. it's a two ton hoist that folds up and it's a smokin deal.

I just bought one on craigs list for $80 and it was only used one time. I know renting is ideal for people with limited space but one rental could cost as much as purchasing one, and since they fold up they do store with minimal space

good luck

mike