This afternoon's project.

• Sponsors (?)

I would not say or imply nor did I say or imply that you are old and or crotchety as some would inply, ahhh, I think there are few here older than me.
That sucks to say.
And I am not crotchety, I'm grumpy. There's a difference.
Crotchety is a state of mind and behaviors. Although the term is obsolete English, it is not inaccurate. It sounds more fun than merely being grumpy. Embrace the term.

Definition of crotchety​

1: given to crotchets (see CROTCHETsense 2a) : subject to whims, crankiness, or ill temper

Definition of Crotchet
2a: a highly individual and usually eccentric opinion or preference

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Crotchety is a state of mind and behaviors. Although the term is obsolete English, it is not inaccurate. It sounds more fun than merely being grumpy. Embrace the term.

Definition of crotchety​

1: given to crotchets (see CROTCHETsense 2a) : subject to whims, crankiness, or ill temper

Definition of Crotchet
2a: a highly individual and usually eccentric opinion or preference

You forgot to add the addendum:

Crotchety occurs when a younger individual, thinking that they are not “ that old”, fails to embrace the fact that time has passed them by. You no longer need a CD player to listen to music, A phone no longer needs to be connected to a wall socket to get its signal ( regardless as to whether or not it’s “ cordless” ) and AOL is no longer the only source to know that “ You’ve got mail”.

I like the traditional definition that lets you do what you want, be direct, and not give a hoot.
As far as the the addendum, I play podcasts and radio dramas from my iPhone, over Bluetooth, to an added jack on a 1939 tombstone style tube radio I got from my grandparents. I’m keeping the best of the old and keeping up with what seems useful. So eccentric and occasionally grumpy will have to do at cir. 50. Once my kids are out of the house, that might change.

You forgot to add the addendum:

Crotchety occurs when a younger individual, thinking that they are not “ that old”, fails to embrace the fact that time has passed them by. You no longer need a CD player to listen to music, A phone no longer needs to be connected to a wall socket to get its signal ( regardless as to whether or not it’s “ cordless” ) and AOL is no longer the only source to know that “ You’ve got mail”.
Hey, at least I'm no longer a 'CompuServe ' guy dial up.

• Clever
Mom lives out in the country, so she has to live with DSL. If the savings were significant enough, I'd run it.
It’s about half price here, but the phone company’s support is almost impossible to get ahold of, and they tell you the number of devices that can use it at the same time for each tier, not the actual speed. When I finally got the upper speed for each range, I questioned being able to stream one device reliably.

@CarMichael Angelo
Is this Curmudgeonly or Crotchety? :D
6B5EC970-A6C1-4219-84CD-0C2E02AE5621.png

It’s about half price here, but the phone company’s support is almost impossible to get ahold of, and they tell you the number of devices that can use it at the same time for each tier, not the actual speed. When I finally got the upper speed for each range, I questioned being able to stream one device reliably.

@CarMichael Angelo
Is this Curmudgeonly or Crotchety? :D
6B5EC970-A6C1-4219-84CD-0C2E02AE5621.png
That’s called your ass getting ready to be served in 5 slices.

• Haha