Those Using Cometics?

• Sponsors (?)

I have them on my 418. can't give you an opinion of them yet but I know when I was talking to Jon Bennett at Bennett Racing about O-rings, he said all they do with O-rings is pull them out and put in cometics for anything up to I believe it was 1200 hp. It's my understanding though that you have to make sure your heads and block are flat and 100% clean or you may have some issues.

I got mine from a local machine shop...yes I know all the ins and outs about the gaskets, and how to prep before install...was hoping for some feedback from some users though.
They arent called coSmetic..its cometic.
They can be used in n/a or blown cars, just all the boosted guys like them better for their superior sealing ability...since they have 3 layers of metal (MLS) it is a much better gasket. You can also get them in custom sizes to raise/lower compression...they are also re-usuable and lots of other cool factors to them.

A few local guys run them with alotta sucess. With these gaskets out now...there's no real reason to run lockwires anymore.

Great gaskets! The hold up extremely well, don't leak water and you can get away with reusing them if you are in a pinch. Yes, you can blow them but it's not easy to do! Be sure to check the directions as they spec out a certain finish for the heads and deck to work best.

My lockwires did great for years, just I got some new heads and dont wanna machine the head for the o-ring if there's no need. Pretty excited about trying these and the new/combo out:)

Just like lockwires..no one thinks they can blow, but i know 1st hand they can.
There isnt such thing as a invincible hg, Other wise I'd try and boost 30psi on 19lb injs....hehe

i have some experience with cometic gaskets, they are really awsome with one drawback ( if u consider it one) they pretty much test each series of head gasket they make to about 45lbs of boost, they will handle almost anything, but with them being that strong assuming if your egnine was in trouble under alot fo boost or pressure, you could blow apart the motor or lift the heads rather then the gasket blowing out, thats the only real draw back of them i knwo of, the engine and machien part of my speed shop uses them and iam a dealer here in NY so i would recommend them to anyone.