Those with Main Support Girdles COME IN

I'm building a 306 and Ill be adding a power adder, so I want to put on a girdle. I want a steel one that I will not need to deal w/ machining, or a new oil pan, oil pump, etc. Just one that will work with stock parts and a windage tray. Ive been checking out DSS and FPS. Let me know what you think.

• Sponsors (?)

I got one last year during the build, and it was a Trick Flow model- the only problem was I got the real big one (an inch I think) and machine work was needed for it to fit, so I sent it back and got the Trick Flow 3/8" one. Haven't sprayed yet, but the guys who built my engine said it was a quality piece. (Plus the absence of machine work made them happy) I think it was around 200 bucks at Summit. I was told it doesn't necessarily strengthen things, but prevents things from blowing apart in a failure.

The D.S.S. ones are probably the nicest quality, but I'd rather spend my $300 on something else. Like they said its just going to keep the block together if she cracks, it does not add stregnth.