Thoughts on American thunder flow Masters?

• Sponsors (?)

Anyone running stock mid pipe and headers on their cars with the American thunder kit? How good do they sound on their own? Are the factory mid pipes restrictive?
Sound is a personal preference.
In my opinion Flowmaster American Thunder even with stock pipes and headers sounds great. It’s the old skool mustang 5.0 rumble. However depends which series mufflers you get. Series 40 if I remember correctly was the original flowmaster ionic sound which has since been replaced with the series 44 to get close enough to that original sound.
Everyone has a different opinion though so you need to go with what makes you happy.
There are lots of videos on YouTube comparing the exhaust sounds. Do some research. I feel Flowmaster is louder in the cabin than others so if you don’t mind that exhaust drawl it may be what your looking for otherwise see about other brands that have less or no drawl.
Just something to consider.

Sound is a personal preference.
In my opinion Flowmaster American Thunder even with stock pipes and headers sounds great. It’s the old skool mustang 5.0 rumble. However depends which series mufflers you get. Series 40 if I remember correctly was the original flowmaster ionic sound which has since been replaced with the series 44 to get close enough to that original sound.
Everyone has a different opinion though so you need to go with what makes you happy.
There are lots of videos on YouTube comparing the exhaust sounds. Do some research. I feel Flowmaster is louder in the cabin than others so if you don’t mind that exhaust drawl it may be what your looking for otherwise see about other brands that have less or no drawl.
Just something to consider.
I kinda like that noise inside of the cabin

I kinda like that noise inside of the cabin
If it’s not your daily then IMO thats fine.
I wouldn’t want it loud inside the cabin on my daily. Again, just a personal preference.

I have headers, an off road X-pipe, and series 44 Flowmasters. It’s loud but not to obnoxious. It has a really nice rumble/growl but I do have significant cabin drawl.
It’s fine for the occasional drive to shows and coffee meets.
It sounded great even without the aftermarket headers and X-pipe [stock system with American thunder].

I think you will be happy with the sound from stock headers, stock mid pipe, and the American Thunder cat-back series 44 system.

Reactions: 1 users
I have Bassani X with American Thunder and it's loud inside and out at times. With my Anderson Power Pipe sucking air along with my heavy duty fan clutch the whole thing sounds mean.

Reactions: 2 users
BBK equal length shorties, 2.5” off road X-pipe, 2.5” catback with Flowmater 44’s. Car is rowdy but I like that way. Had a pretty good drone in the car but once the Dynomat was installed it wasI no longer an issue. I drove the car as a daily for several years like this with the 306. I wouldn’t do it now especially with the 331 as it got louder with the compression.

On a mild 302 with the stock headers and stock mid-pipe they sound great.

Bassani and Magnaflow also make great systems. All just personal taste.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
american thunder was the 2 chamber ones right? had them on a 94 back in college in 98 with an off road h-pipe. I got tired of the 3hr drive on the highway from weekends with the parents. the drone got olllddddd

I have 3 chambers on my car with long tubes. No drone and quiet at partial throttle. I had 2 chambers back in the 90s and thought they were too loud. Also, I bought my 3 chamber mufflers through Amazon as I didn't want the kit with the lazer etched "Flowmaster" on the tailpipes.