Throttle position sensor showing 0 voltage?

opihinalu

Feb 10, 2021
Florida
I ran my codes the other day and got “Throttle position sensor out of range”. I have been trying to test it today and my multimeter is giving me just 0 for my reading. This is a brand new multimeter. I connected the positive to the green wire (dont have any sewing needles to pierce so I dug out an area with a screwdriver) and I placed the ground on my intake. I turned my key to the run position as well. I must be doing something wrong. Any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

Read through it and did everything it says.... still no luck. Thanks anyways.

Disconnect the TPS sensor and prob the orange to black wire. Make sure the key is on. Do you have 5 volts here?

If not, your next task will be to disconnect the 10pin connectors and probe the TPS wire here as well. I do not have the wiring diagrams in front of me to tell you which color connector it is and what wires. But first start at the TPS connector itself. Make sure key is turned to on.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user
See the graphic for the 10 pin connector circuit layout.
salt-pepper-10-pin-connectors-65-jpg-68512-jpg.jpg

The injector power pin is the VPWR pin in the black 10 pin connector. [/b]
The surging idle checklist has more tps info, see #2, also in the list thread is a pin out of the computer, pretty much everything you need to know, you have to dig around a bit but it's there, daunting read, first time I started working on these I would read stuff over and over, take notes, I also have a 'magic book'.
Thanks to jrichker and the other contributing members for that.