Ticking Noise

Tyrone Pringle

Nov 26, 2015
For about 6 months now my car has been having a small Tap when I ONLY push the gas pedal down a little, also when I release it and it drops rms it starts again. Sounds like if you were to tap the plastic on the dashboard with your finger. Sounds like it's coming right where the tranny and engine meet had a new clutch in already and lifters

• Sponsors (?)

Might be a lifter ticking. Mine does it I did a oil change and use Lucas oil stabilizer. It's some thick stuff. Try that and see if it helps. It made mine alot quiter.

Might be a lifter ticking. Mine does it I did a oil change and use Lucas oil stabilizer. It's some thick stuff. Try that and see if it helps. It made mine alot quiter.
I changed the lifters didn't do anything. If you plan on doing the lifters to your own car it's pretty simple. Take the cover off and crank the engine by hand until the lobe on the cam is up for each lifter pop the roller off with a flat head (put duct tape around the screwdriver so you don't scratch cam) and keep doing that