Roush Tire selection on 18x10 rear on 96 Saleen

Hi guys,

I've not been posting much lately but I have been lurking around in the shadows....

It appears that the time has come to change the rubber on the rear of the 96 saleen... it has the optional (for that year) 18x10 rims. Right now it's running a 285 section tire which is ok, but i feel that there could be some more in those arches.

What have people tried and found good, a 305? 315? I just dont want to go buying a set of tires that will rub on the quad shocks... so looking for previous experience... I want to learn by someone elses mistakes :D

any help would be great, tires over here seem to be double the price of what you guys pay for some unknown reason...... it's driving me insane!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Hi guys,

I've not been posting much lately but I have been lurking around in the shadows....

It appears that the time has come to change the rubber on the rear of the 96 saleen... it has the optional (for that year) 18x10 rims. Right now it's running a 285 section tire which is ok, but i feel that there could be some more in those arches.

What have people tried and found good, a 305? 315? I just dont want to go buying a set of tires that will rub on the quad shocks... so looking for previous experience... I want to learn by someone elses mistakes :D

any help would be great, tires over here seem to be double the price of what you guys pay for some unknown reason...... it's driving me insane!!!!

My experiences can be found here: Saleen Club of America SCOA Talk • View topic - Replica Wheels 99-04

or there are these in 295/30/18

r888.jpg

toyo r888, road legal track tires apparently

you guys may well have 18 choices, but over here in the UK we're all out of luck on that :(

You have choices over there, just have to look a little harder.

Blackcircles.com has 6 choices for you in the 295-30-18 starting at £144.92.

I do like this choice: Yokohama V103 ADVAN SPORT 295/30 R18 Y (98) £221.99 .

You can also try TyresNorthampton.com for Pirelli and others.