Tire Sizes for 18x10 wheels

Hey guys, just wondering if a 285-35-18 or 285-40-18 look somewhat decent on some 18x10's. I have a 18x10, 18x9 fr500 setup on my stang with some 265-35-18's up front and 295-30-18's out back.

Just blew a rear tire and I don't want to shell out $400+ for a new 295 size trie, so I'm looking at the Sumi's that American Muscle has online (285-35-18's). Just wanted to know if these fit without issues on that size rim.

Don't really drive the car all that much but its my only car so I need it operational. I know this might be a topic that has been covered before but im short on time and I just wanted some quick, knowledgeable opinions.

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

295/35 is the best tire for a 10" rim. Take a look at Vredstein Ultrac Sessantas. I have them and love them. I have had a crapload of differernt tires, and this is what I will use as my street tire from now on. I found a set just looking on google for the name for 204. I would take them any day over the sumi's.

Just my .02!

Here are some websites to find them.

www.tire-easy.com
www.performancetireplus.com
www.vulcantire.com

I found a thing I did sometime last year. Here is a list of tires that I have had and the order I ranked them. The Vredsteins are #2, only because the #1 tire is really good, but really expensive.

The last 10k miles (although it hasnt been used much in the last 2 years) I was using Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta, 275/35 and 295/35 18s on 18x9 and 18x10.5 rims. I have had a few tires over the last 8 years Goodyear DSGs, Yoko AVS Sports, Dunlop 9000s, Nitto NT555s, Kumho Ecsta MXs, and Michelin Pilot Sports.

Here is what I thought of them:
1. Pilot Sports - best traction, decent treadwear, EXPENSIVE (~15k miles)
2. Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta - really good traction (especially in the rain), great treadwear, pretty cheap (~10k miles, and dont even look worn!)
3. Yoko AVS Sports - Really good traction, horrid treadwear, moderate price (~8k miles)
4. Goodyear DSGs - good traction, good treadwear, moderate price (~ 10k miles)
5. Nitto NT555s (2 sets) - good traction, good treadwear, terrible in rain, pretty cheap (~ 30k miles)
6. Kumho Ecsta MXs - decent traction, terrible treadwear, pretty cheap (~ 5k miles)
7. Dunlop 9000s - no traction, treadwear should be -100, too expensive for their worth (~ 2500 miles and over half the tread was gone because you would spin in 3rd getting on the highway @ 55mph)

That is my experiences. Of course, I would take the Pilots in a heartbeat, but I can get 2 sets of the vredesteins for 1 set of pilots. The Vredsteins seem to have little wear on them after 10k miles.

I got mine from a place called tires unlimited or something like that. Think for the 295/35s, I got them for about $180 each, fronts were about 160-165.

As I said, take it or leave it....this is just what I have had experience with.

NP! I love them. I got mine with a wheel/tire package. When I got them, I thought "well, the cheap tires will last me a few months then I will get some new ones." Well, after about a week, I was singing a different tune. A lot of people have never heard of them, and they are more inclined to go with a cheap tire like the Sumi's that they HAVE heard of.