tire/wheel fittiment ?, I know there is a sticky

notchnut

Founding Member
Mar 6, 2001
New England
Well I looked at he sticky and by what you are asking for it doesent really help anyone to see what 6 people have especially if nobody is running the combo I want. So here it is. 1991 Vortech blown LX,
I should be picking up this week:
View attachment 313776
I want to change the image of this car and take off the draglights (they will be for sale) and go to 17x9" chrome Pony R's! I do not want to massage the fender wells nor do I want to roll the lip. Right now the car has I believe the Eibach drag launch kit with airbags in the rear (hence the rake). I dont know how it will look with no air in the bags but for the most part the susp is stock, it does have 31 spline axels but that shouldn't change anything. If I have to I will go with Eibach Pro kit!

So obviously I want the widest tire in the back, I'm thinking 265/45/R17 Is the widest I can put on the back with the 17x9's (5.9"BS and 24mm OS) and on the front 245/40/R17. So what do you guys think? Let me know.

• Sponsors (?)

doesnt look raked at all to me, the front tires are 2 inches from the lip of the fender... but if you are looking for a lowered "even" look the pro kit will give you that as opposed to motorsport springs which are usually slightly raked...265's should be fine in the back if you dont want to beat anything in... iim just not 100% sure what offset you will need...nice lookin car though, real clean... ditch those headlight covers...

jim

doesnt look raked at all to me, the front tires are 2 inches from the lip of the fender... but if you are looking for a lowered "even" look the pro kit will give you that as opposed to motorsport springs which are usually slightly raked...265's should be fine in the back if you dont want to beat anything in... iim just not 100% sure what offset you will need...nice lookin car though, real clean... ditch those headlight covers...

jim

Yeah the headlight cover need to go. I guess it does look pretty even in this picture! Springs are obviously very important because I do want a lower "even" look, I'm not into the "in the weeds" look some springs give the car.

I've heard some say that Nitto DR 275/40/17 will fit on back, anyone running them without any mods?