tires?

riph22a

Nov 6, 2005
going with a 255/45/17 for the rear on some 03 cobra wheels. can anybody recommend a good brand around 100-150 bucks a tire.

have 275/45/17 fusions on there now they are ok just looking for something a little better.

• Sponsors (?)

i had Fuzions before and they were good tires, nothing spectacular but no complaints whatsoever

i was going to get another set of them but decided to give something else a shot. i went with Avon Tech M500 tires and so far (3 months) i like them. they look like all season tires but they're very soft summer tires and the tread looks alot beefier than pics would suggest

i just checked tirerack.com and looks like the 255/45's are $88 apiece. damn i paid $115

i just checked those out and tread life looks low on the sumitos for 67 and the avon techs are closing out and the reviews everybody hated them lol.

htrz II sumitos look a little better on tread wear, along with the ecsta spt kumhos, and the g-force sport, which are looking like my options right now and maybe back with the fuzions as a last resort.

the generals exclaims look interesting as well never heard of them though.

looking to get away from that size tire to be honest. the shops around here always have trouble putting them on and the roads are rough. and i would rather order them off of tirerack if i get them off the net. and in person they would prob cost like 180-200 bucks around here, big mark up on tires/all auto repair work in this area.

i just checked those out and tread life looks low on the sumitos for 67 and the avon techs are closing out and the reviews everybody hated them lol.

htrz II sumitos look a little better on tread wear, along with the ecsta spt kumhos, and the g-force sport, which are looking like my options right now and maybe back with the fuzions as a last resort.

the generals exclaims look interesting as well never heard of them though.

i went with 275/40/17's on my cobra. they are hankook ventus hr 2's and were only $105 a piece. i have them on my 5.0 also and they are really good all arond tires

The BFG g-force sports are a very strong, good wearing tire.
Sumitomo, Avon,Fuzion,Hankook, are all all average type cheap tires.
I dont want to take a chance having to run a tire for 25k that I dont like.
You cant go wrong with the g-force IMO. One time I got some Kumho ASX's

and I hated them for 25k :mad: