to dump or not

should i dump my exhaust

• Total voters

dragnazz5.0

My "0" key d0esn't w0rk, s0 I have t0 use the zer0
Nov 19, 2005
mooresville, nc
well i cant decide if i should cut the pipes off and dump the exhaust or just leave it. im running 2 1/2 all the way back but the pipes from the muffer back are 2 1/4. shorty headers, off road x and spintech pro streets. i know the downsides to dumps, because i used to have them on my car. i like the look of my car with tails on it, but i also like the look without them. the tail pipes are like half an inch from the rear tires so i really cant go much wider anyways. tell me what you guys would do

• Sponsors (?)

thats my problem....ive had like 4 different exhaust setups on my car since ive had it. im never satisfied with it after like 6 months so i start looking for something new. i like the spintechs best, and im just wondering if they will sound better dumped

ok dont dump cause you will not like it. It might sound good at first but wait till tyhe first time you drive for a while and you get out of the car smelling like raw fuel cause of the way your car runs so rich.:D ! but its your car do what you want but i personaly think you should put a nicve mac catbcack on it and run the 3 inch tips it would sound kick ass. wiat till you here how it sounds on my car since we ahve the same cam now.

How often do you drive the car? If it a daily driver, you should probbably keep the tails....I dont drive my car taht often so for me the dumps work...they just sound frickin nasty!! I am running a 331 T-trim Vortech 13/4 headers, 2 1/2 off road H ( no emissions, or inspection in SC!) and flowmasters that are so old I dont remember what series they are! I does rattle the crap out of the interior...or wait that could be the solid motor mounts.....see my point, I'm not really after comfort! So the choice is yours, but I would just remind you to consider what you want out of your car before you make the call...Good luck:nice:

its my daily driver but i dont care how comfortable the car is. heat doesnt work, a/c doesnt work, it rides like a covered wagon, there are two speakers in the car that work and one is going out. comfort doesnt matter to me. i love anything that is loud, so i guess thats why i like it